Is Marc Mariani on the Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 27, 2012.

?

Does Marc Mariani make it out of camp?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2012.
  1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    49.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Looking at the number right now though, I think he will make the team either way this year. If he is developing as a WR though, that would just be great.

Britt (hopefully)
    Wash
    Wright
    DW
    Hawk
    MM

Most teams keep at least 6-7 WRs, so I would think that it would take 2 other WRs to make the roster in order for MM to get cut. I don't see there being 2 WRs that are so much better than him to trump his return skills this year.

Originally I thought that the numbers game at DL & CB might get him cut while they were looking for more roster space for those positions, but they seem ok with what we have at CB/DT right now.

I just don't see the numbers game being a factor at this point anymore

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

At least 6 or 7? No they don't. Most teams keep 5 maybe 6, but not at least 6-7.

The D-Line is deep today, but I suspect Smith and Marks to be goners. Smith knows his chances of making the team are small, thats why he slimmed down this offseason. No more standing up and eating cake for him, he's gonna have to run if he wants to keep his job.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

What I meant was most teams keep at least 6. And upto 7 max. I didn't really mean that they keep at least 7. But I also don't think many keep only 5 on the roster. Maybe not all are active on gamedays, but I would say most teams have 6-7 WRs on the roster. I guess maybe if you have a more athletic TE (like us with cook) you might only keep 5. But my guess this year is the Titans keep at least 6, possibly 7 but most likely 6

4. JCBRAVE

D-Line depth today

Kamerion Wimbley
    Derrick Morgan
    Dave Ball
    Panel Egboh
    Leger Douzable
    Scott Solomon
    Malcolm Sheppard
    Keyunta Dawson
    Jurrell Casey
    DaJon Harris
    Karl Klug
    Mike Martin
    SenDerrick Marks
    Shaun Smith
    Zach Clayton

D-Line in September IMO

Kamerion Wimbley
    Derrick Morgan
    Dave Ball
    Panel Egboh
    Leger Douzable
    Jurrell Casey
    Karl Klug
    Mike Martin

5. JCBRAVE

Yea all teams do have a 7th even 8th guy, but he's almost always a practice squad only player and never suits up.

Our 7th WR is OJ Murdock, 8th WR Michael Preston who is huge! I wish he could learn to play cause he's NBA tall.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

you dont think soloman makes the team even after the trade?

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

He better!!! :rant:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar