Is LenDale White helping or hurting this team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 30, 2008.

?
  1. Helping

63 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Hurting

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Neutral

12 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Chris Henry runs into his o-line, not the defenders. Chris Johnson weighs 35 pounds less than LenDale, Q lacks 20 pounds. It's a simple numbers and physics game. Besides, we need Chris Johnson to use his energy to make his homeruns, not been fatigue on the short yardages.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Marion Barber III weighs easily 20 lbs less then Lendale, arguably the toughest man to stop in short yardage situations. Weight isn't everything. And I definitely wouldn't reward lendale for being fat, like hes doing some kind of service for having a 12 inch gut :crazy:

Once again, I'm not saying throw CJ in 90% of the carries, I'm saying, LenDale has a 2.7 ypc average and if it were the case that we were only using him inside the 5's I wouldn't have a problem, but we aren't. Let LenDale keep pounding gimmie touchdowns so he can feel good about himself, but for all those carries he gets between the 20, give Ganther/Henry or someone else a shot, You can't really do much worse then worst.

3. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I don't think anyone is saying that 5 red zone TDs is hurting us.

I think that they're not sure that it's helping. I mean a big guy that you put in to get those 1 or 2 yards and has 5 TD's is a novel idea. But!, is it a good idea?
    Is it really helping? After 4 weeks of this, could we be better than 4-0? I don't know. This will be something to ponder should we go 5-0, and Lendale has 1 or 2 more TD's. This question may be one of the most important questions of our time. More important than "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop". The world may never know........

4. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Sir Guitarjunkie, you are truly progressing well in your understanding of the arcane knowledge of football! The King is well pleased with the depth and breadth of your wisdom! :thumb:

Live long and prosper, Oh Wise One!

Attached Files:

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Both RB's struggled today. Only one carry for LW though. yikes

6. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

The head carpenter (Fisher) just had to go to the tool box for the appropriate tool. Different tools for different situations. The essence of the "No!" vote on this poll.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Lendale's main value is for the two games against the Colts. Smaller faster defenses will have trouble against him, but will be better at closing gaps on CJ. They have different strengths, which is great. The dual threat is a value in and of itself.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Well said, King. This is the last time I'm even looking at this thread, farewell to the most redundant debate of them all.

9. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

I think CJ will have decent success though......slaton tore them up so why not Cap'n'Quick? Also, lendale is money when it comes to converting this season so end this nonsense.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Lendale isn't a threat...hes more of an advantage for the other team, gives there defense a rest..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar