Is Jeff Fisher front runner for Coach of the Year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's fine. He has an offense without any amazing talents, and is average. He has a defense with great talents and no real weak spots that is great.

So if you think he's an ok coach, fine. But what is he doing that no other coach couldn't do in the nfl today? His players make him.

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I believe our players are talented, but how many combined Pro Bowls do we have on the defensive side of the ball? Only three or four. It's not like we go out and buy up a bunch of perrenial Pro Bowlers for Jeff. We are getting it done with a group of working class players who are well coached...not a group of superstars.

Gloat, three teams have already fired their coaches this year. Oakland, San Fran, Detroit, Cincinatti, St. Louis...the list of teams goes on and on. All of these are teams who go through coaches over and over trying to find something that will work. Obviously all of those guys couldn't get do what Jeff Fisher has done. Tennessee has had the same coach for 14 years. And it has worked. Why? Because Fisher is a good coach.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

you're kidding yourself if you can name one other team as stacked as we are on defense. Look what happens when Haynesworth goes out. Or even KVB.
    Tell me how well they're coached then. Please.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Without KVB we held Indianapolis to 14 points last night. (Can we agree the last seven we gave them?)

You have got to have some talent. I haven't seen a coach yet that can take a bunch of scrubs and win games with them. You will have to give me some examples of a coach that wins with no talent.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

mike smith gets my vote right now.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

So I guess the discussion here is whether the coach makes the player, or the player makes the coach?

With Jeff and his crew, we've seen many players shine much brighter in Tennessee...
    He's patient, has a nose for talent... and has the ability to get the best out of everyone on his roster. I could be wrong, but I doubt there's any coach in the league better then Fish when it comes to getting the biggest bang for the lower part of the buck..

Off the top of my mind, look at what he's done with Odom, Travis Laboy, KVB, Travis Henry, Gage, Tony Brown, Jevon Kearse, JMac, McNair, Drew Bennett etc.. All without a question had the best years of their careers when playing for Jeff Fisher.

KFC went from 'I'm happy to help', to 'start me or dump me!' after joining TN.

A few years back he even went far enough to make a household name out of someone by the name of 'Skip Hicks'..

Does anyone think that Lendale would be leader in TDs if he was playing for another team?

How about Al and KVB.. The two complement each other so well, and only seem to excel to their fullest when put on the same field at the same time..

Ironically, he messes up when it comes to taming superstars.

I'm definitely with Fisher on this one.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Tennessee's offense

Rushing - 4th
    Passing - 28th
    Overall - 23rd
    Points - 9th

Our offense wasn't predictable last night, we made changes when we needed too. We passed the ball 37 times which is 10 above our season average after last nights game.

How many passes were on first down? I'd bet it was 3 - 1 in favour of passing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar