Is it just me...or could Vince use a QB coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I had not thought of this before. It is a really good point.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The reality is that it takes longer these days for QBs to mature. Look at Eli Manning and Philip Rivers. Both were very streaky into their fourth season. Both appear to be decent QBs now.

It's far too early to hit the panic button on Young.

3. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

thanks PhiSlammaJamma, i felt i made a valid point. Now of course i wasnt on this board this time last year, but i didnt hear any complaints on other boards. Yes VY is young, underdeveloped, in my eyes he is a project as is any QB coming into the league. Everyone expects him to be a Big Ben or a Tom Brady at the start of their careers. I always point out Big Ben cuz when he came in lets see, he had Bettis, Ward, and i think Buress at the start. Any QB can succeed with those guys around him, Charlie Batch did, hell i probly could, if i played College ball. What was VY's stats last year 12 TD's and 13 INT's? We still went 8-8 with that defense being terrible.

Sorry i think im rambling from a Yahoo board message saying how VY sucks, and he wont make it. Thats the same type of fans that said Favre wouldnt be anything, or Elway could never win a Bowl.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Norm Chow was a QB coach

Heisman Trophy winners coached:
    Ty Detmer (BYU),
    Carson Palmer (USC),
    Matt Leinart (USC).

• First round draft picks coached:
    Palmer,
    Leinart,
    Philip Rivers,
    Steve Young,
    Jim McMahon,

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and Drew Brees too
    he was arguably the worst QB in the league
    then they drafted Rivers, then the light came on

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Then we are screwed. Hopefully Dinger will be smart enough to utilize the talents Vince has, rather than try and turn him into a player he isn't.

IMO, Vince never has to have passing numbers like Manning or Brady. Just all purpose yards near that amount. If we force Vince to think "never run" then we wasted the draft pick we used on him and wasted his talents.

It's tough to force a man to be something he isn't.

7. titans4life10

Eh Brees is truly an Enigma of a QB, one game the guy can throw what 4 to 5 INT's (Against Tennessee) and the next he can throw 5 TD's. But damn the guy has some offensive weapons, Bush, Colston, Henderson, anyone? But needless to say when he was in SD as soon as they drafted Rivers, all of a sudden Bree's found Gates and LT out of nowhere.

8. titans4life10

Amen to that...believe me I have been stuck watching McNabb for the last 9 years, since i live next to Philly. Now it wasnt only the coach, and the system, but it was also McNabb trying to tell himself not to use his run ability. Good lord, y not use ur ability to run along with the pass ability? Its an X-factor so use it. Vince can run, or do we all forget the damn overtime game against Houston last year? Is it so wrong to have him total 300 of offensive yards if 70 is rush and 230 is pass?

9. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

I hope this extends to RB's who cough up the ball in crucial situations.:grrr:

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think a good QB coach is essential. Mike Shula came on a QB coach for the Jags and there was a huge difference in Garrard's play this year compared to last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar