Is Hopkins a HOFer?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jun 15, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    94.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

That means if Steve makes the HOF he'll need 1 or 2 super bowl wins,

which is very hard, and then he'll retire with the rat-turds, and that'll be it.

Eddie doesn't have enough seasons to go to the HOF, but Frank has a Good

chance, well better than anyone besides Bruce.

So Jeff the only ones we have that will probably go to the HOF right now

are: Frank, and Bruce. RIGHT!!!

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Roaf on the bubble?

He's been to 11 pro bowls! Roaf and odgen(9 pro bowls) for sure in the hall. Another contemporary of hopkins was richmond webb who went to 7 pro bowls and has a chance. All three obviously a notch above hopkins. Gary zimmerman(7 pro bowls) is another guy who comes to mind.

Lineman are harder to compare because we don't have stats for them like we do for skill players. Because of that the same guys make the pro bowl year after year even if they don't deserve it. It's hard to get recognition.

Interesting that hopkins, mcnair, george, kearse and maybe in a few years mason have all had great careers but just not quite hall marterial.

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Frank will go and by the way anyone see the new Bulluck banner? its about time mcnair went bye-bye

4. TitanGuy

yeah hey ryan i got a thread that u can comment on the banner for.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Frank will go?

Well then i guess it is true since you made such an awesome case for why. :sad2:

6. TitanGuy

hahaha lol nice one rolltide, yeah he did convince me pretty well.:ha:

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Frank in the hall....

Again same situation as hopkins. Several players in the same era were better,,,gonzalez, sharpe. Wycheck is not in the top 50 in any receiving stat and has a puny 28 career TDs. Antonio gates already has 25 TD and he's just 26 years old.

Even ben coates has a better case. His recept and yardage stats are similar to wycheck but he has 22 more TDs and made 3 more pro bowls.

Forget about it.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Wycheck, Hopkins, George and McNair should be on a Ring of Fame if Bud ever starts one but they'll never be in the HoF.

9. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I'm sorry, I didn't mean Pro Bowls, I meant All-Pro teams. Pro Bowl is full of BS, as you said, some players just make it cuz we're used to seeing them there...

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Hoppy was solid for a long time. Should be in a Titans/Oilers HOF if there ever was one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar