Is CJ The Best You've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Sep 16, 2010.

?
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Undecided

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah at this point he has equaled the legend of Gayle Sayers though.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If he continues to play at this level, or even a little lower, then yes.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Barry is the only one on that list who is on CJ's level. None of those guys were as likely to score on any play as CJ is. He's liable to rip a 60 yard gain every time you see him play.

4. aws090883

aws090883 Camp Fodder

i wouldnt say best ever.quite frankly its hard to even really say who is the "best ever"each one has there pros and cons,but i think at the end of his career if he remains healty hell be in the consideration.but i dont think there is a best ever.its more of a group of guyz at the top of the list and you can just add to the list not pass them.(unless he does rush for 2,500 yards this year that might put him close to passing them all back to back 2000 years.)

5. aws090883

aws090883 Camp Fodder

i agree with ya,but what if he doesnt get that 60 yard gain what is his yards per carry like?theres running backs that pound the rock for 4-10 yards a carry and wear down the defense and move the chains.thats just as good to me.hes just more flashy than the other guyz.i love cj but theres other guyz on that list than barry.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Who cares what his ypc would be without that run. Thats silly. What would Peyton Mannings passer rating be without all his best plays? No running back gets 3 yards every time they touch the ball. Just doesn't happen. CJ is no different. And when other RB's get 4-7 yards, CJ may get 12, or 20, or 75. All he has to do is make one dude miss and if the OLine gives him a lane he's gone. No one has ever been just predictable. Keep slamming it in there and he's gonna bust one, no matter who. 12 games in a row with 100 yards. Only Marcus Allen and The Great Barry Sanders have achieved that. How can you (Gloat) say someone who gets 100 yards week in and week out on the ground isn't a balanced back? Or is just all or nothing? It's absurd. If he is all or nothing, then it's 'all' about 85% of the time.

7. aws090883

aws090883 Camp Fodder

i think you took it the wrong way and im not gunna bash cj because i do think hes gunna be one of the greats.when did i say he wasnt consistant?he is consistant all i was stating is that just because of his big game ablity doenst trump what other power backs have accomplished.there is an argument that he is the best and theres also the same that other guyz can be in that list as well.all i was posting on is that you said that the only guy in his league is barry.i mean theres walter payton,earl campbell,eric dickerson,marshel faulk,emmit smith.i can go on,but i wasnt talking trash about cj all i was saying is just because the other power backs(im not saying faulk is a powerback) dont run a 4.2 40 time and the fastest guy in the nfl they were just as good in there own way.i was more giving respect to the other running backs that ARE in the hall of fame he cant trump them after 2 years

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

I think he is the most worrysome RB ever. I say that because if he doesn't bust out his 70+ yrd run in a game he usualy averages about 2-3 yrds per carry.

What makes him great is when he does bust out one of those long runs, which so far he has been able to do. I hope he can do it against the Steelers this time, otherwise he will be at his usual 2-3 yrds per carry average against them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I didn't vote only because it seems all the "greats" played in an era gone by. I mean you've had some very good and what some would call great RBs in recently memory but nothing on the same caliber as the ancient icons. Or at least it seems. It may only be that the ones who came before only seem bigger because their legend grows with age. And while CJ has the caliber, does he have the endurance? So I wanted to say yes but didn't because he hasn't been in the league long enough. I didn't vote no because he IS that caliber player. He has already matched some of the greats with his records, but he has to continue to perform for a few more years before he can be among the greatest of all time.

10. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Also the idea that some how a 75 TD can actually make a RB less of a every down runner and more "flashy" (aka inconsistant) is freakin retarded. The guys who max out at maybe a long run of 20 yards would give anything to be able to get 75 in one pop. CJ scares the hell out of you if your are a defense. He is like a home run threat Wide Reciever. All it takes is one bad alignment or one mistep and pow! He's gone. Any other back wouldn't have scored a touchdown on that play against the Raiders. CJ makes the Defense work EVERY down and distance. You can't sleep on him even when its 3rd and long (well maybe if its 3rd and 95). He's just as big a threat on first as he is on third. I'd rather have CJ then anyother back in the league right now. Teams are sooo focused on CJ that it opens up the playbook for VY and the other offensive weapons. Even when teams are focusing on CJ you still give him the ball to keep the D honest but eventually patience pays off- CJ will hit a big run eventually.

I also think it helps Ringer out. When CJ was off the field and Ringer was in you could almost see the D relax just a little bit because that home run threat was gone and they were not as worried about Ringer. Look for Ringer, this season, to actually have a slightly higher YPG average then CJ because of this. This doesn't mean Ringer is better but its due to the work CJ puts in when he's in the game. How many RBs to you know make their backups better when their not in the game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar