Is Caleb Farley the next Jeffery Simmons???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Apr 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Farley all year it seems was talked about as being a possible top 10 pick. His recent back surgery and the run on QBs that is going to happen might push him down the board. Similar story to Big Jeff.

What I like the most about Farley is that he was asked to play a bunch of different alignments in Bud Foster's defense...press man, off man, zone...he has great play recognition which combined with his physical attributes makes him a top 10 pick type of guy.

Can JRob afford to take a chance on Farley if he is their at 22 given how last yrs draft went?

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I've seen mocks with him falling to the 30s and some say he's a top 5 talent. JRob has shown (with Big Jeff) that he's not afraid to take a player in the 1st round that's coming off an injury. Not only that, it is a position of need. If he's there at 22 I hope JRob trips over himself that he's trying to turn that card in so quickly.

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I feel like he may go before 22 unfortunately.

If he is there I would be VERY happy if we got him at 22 and then went Edge, DT & WR in rounds two and three.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Totally agree. I don't think he's going to last until 22. The Cardinals will swoop him up before us.

I'd love to have Farley though and I totally see the risk/reward of Simmons in play here.

Farley is the player I want at 22.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I am willing to bet there's a run on DB's in from 8 to 20.

Surtain, Horn, Farley, Newsome -- all I'm feeling with be gone before even 21.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

If our medical staff is confident that his medicals are ok, then get him. I'd be thrilled to get that guy, even if a small trade up is required.

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

The Colts worry me a bit picking right before us, but I feel like they have to go OL early and often, especially with Carson “They Call Me Mr. Glass” Wentz back there now.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

No hope in getting Horn and Surtain.

We have a chance at Farley and Newsome.. I personally don't think we get a chance at Farley.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I guess he was the next Simmons....hopefully he has an impact like BIG JEFF

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Farley was a gamble, love the pick, hoping his back is good. Jrob can't afford back to back 1st round picks failing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar