Invisible Henry ready to make appearance

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Henry's isn't invisible. Maybe the other players on the field are invisible to him. Yeah that's it.

But seriously, I'd like to see him get some carries.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

'I'm giving her all she's got captain but she just doesn't have the power'.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Nine

Nine Starter

At this point, people are going to see what they want to see from Henry.

He'll demonstrate poor vision on a few carries, and his critics will triumphantly say, "See! I told you he sucks! Cut him now!"

He'll also have some very solid plays, and prove himself as the best power runner on the roster. Maybe he even catches a swing pass or two and surprises people with his ability in the open field.

But at the end of the day, I don't know that he'll change anyone's mind. Like I said....people will see in him whatever they want to see. Just remember this:

Right now, there are two guys ahead of him on the depth chart. One is the most electrifying young RB in the NFL, and the other is one of the top short-yardage/goal-line runners in the league...and both have been healthy all year long.

Henry is a decent #2/#3 RB, who has had the misfortune of playing behind two #1-type RB's. The fact that he's been inactive isn't so much an indictment of Henry's skills, but a testament to just how well CJ and LW have performed.

I think Henry will do fine on Sunday.

Edit: For what it's worth: had the Chargers traded Ladanian Tomlinson to the Titans last offseason, LT would currently be the third-best RB on the roster....which means that if he didn't play ST, he would have been inactive almost every week.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ummm...what?

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Drugs are bad, mm'kay??

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

maybe Henry can be traded for a wr!

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I too am going wtf ?

it should read more like this :
    Edit: For what it's worth: had the Chargers traded Michael Turner to the Titans last offseason, MT would currently be best RB in the whole OMG league......which means that if he didn't play ST, that'd be OK, because he have special teams guys wh do that stuff, so we don't have to use our #1 RB for something like returning kicks

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we have a winner!

9. Nine

Nine Starter

I was speaking rhetorically; unfortunately, I did a poor job of communicating my point. (Funny how something that makes perfect sense at 4 AM doesn't seem quite so lucid the next day.)

What I'm saying is this:

Ladanian Tomlinson has lost a step, but he's still a pretty good player. But if you put LT on the Titans' current roster, he'd barely see the field. CJ is more explosive, and Lendale is a better short yardage runner. With the Titans' tendency to activate only two RB's, LT would be a healthy scratch on a regular basis.

Does this mean LT sucks? Hardly. Like I said....he's still a pretty good player. But he'd still be inactive.

It's obviously a stretch, but I'm trying to point out that just because Henry has been inactive every week doesn't mean he's a total waste; it just means he's not as good as CJ or LW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar