Interesting interview with Jerry Gray.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Pitoitua really seemed like he took more than 19 snaps Sunday. It seemed like every down he played something good happened.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He's just a big dude. I thought since he'd been cut he was just going to be big and soft but he's a big mean looking son of a beach. On the play where Pouncy went down him and Casey had their whole left side in the backfield. Was crazy.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yeah, I was gonna bring one of those points up about how Williams has 'influenced' this years D. I saw us in the pre-season do this and it harkens back to when Williams was out DC and philosophically comes from Buddy Ryan's 46 D. Typically, when LB's have a man (say a RB) and he stays in to block, they drop into coverage. Now we are letting them roll and with our speed at LB, we are getting a lot of pressure doing this...especially with a Casey stunting inside!

We did it to the Steelers and we will likely do it to the Texans. One caveat that sometimes got us when we did this before is that sometimes the LB gets so juiced about getting the QB that you can sometimes get very effective screen passes out of it. Pitt tried this and we did a good job against it. We will have to be careful with Texans' rb's leaking out.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar