Rumor interesting CBS Sports story

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by altitan, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I'd rather have Tom Brady as part owner/GM. He would be much better at it plus he has a lot more money. Let's get Tom Brady instead.

2. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Biggest rival? Manning is 14-6 all time versus the Titans and we are the Colts biggest rival? The Titans won the AFC South twice. The Colts have won it 9 times.
    I've been a Titans Fan since they moved to Tennessee. I remember some bitter "rival games" between us and the Ravens and Steelers. There were a couple of years were the Titans and jags had a good thing going. The Houston connection makes for good rival talk with the Texans.

Most Colt fans would consider the Patriots their biggest rival, especially during Manning time there.

I don't think my people would consider Titans / Colts a rivalry game, anymore than any other division opponent. Certainly not that of Yankees / Red Sox. I certainly wouldnt use the biggest rivalry in all sports to illustrate your point.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Titans were the only team to challenge the Colts domination of the division. And at the very least we are big division rivals, so why would he want to go to a rival front office. Especially when he did not even want to play for the Titans.

4. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

The Titans challenged the Colts domination of the AFC south? That's news to me, and probably news to the Titans and Colts.

Why would Haslam buy the Browns. Why would coordinators become coaches of rival teams. Why would players move to a rival team? It's business. Manning didn't want to play for the Titans because he knew they sucked and would have gotten him killed. He went to Denver because it was his best chance at a Super Bowl. He could chose the front office of the Titans for business reasons as well, probably have alot of control, supportive community, good qb, good defense, good draft picks, and maybe have pull for whoever else is hired in the front office. His name along could help free agency. Don't know if he will and don't really care. However, there are several logical reasons why he would chose to work in the Titans front office.

#44 altitan, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. The Hammer

Who else won it during those years?

Anyway, I would rather have Tom Brady as part owner and GM. We should hold out for him

#45 The Hammer, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  6. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

The Texans won two, Titans 2, Colts won the rest....sounds pretty dominate to me.

What makes you think Brady is retiring as Manning probably is this year. Why would Brady consider the Titans? And while Brady is the better quarterback, I think Manning has a much better business sense, which is why I would prefer Manning in the front office.

7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Sausage, green peppers, pepperoni, with extra cheese! Available every game​

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. The Hammer

We should hold out for Brady. And what makes you think Manning would be better in the front office?

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

God I would love all of this so much, but I doubt it comes true. We will find out a lot more in a week or 2.

Probably just LaCanfora crap but man I wish

Everyone saying Manning/UT.. Not saying he's connected to the Titans, but he's a competitor, and he'll want to work in the NFL, not NCAA. You're crazy if you think he's an endorsement guy for the rest of his life -- he'll absolutely go the John Elway route. I'm not saying that's with the Titans, but it will be in the NFL.

10. The Hammer

Tom Brady would be better

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar