Rumor interesting CBS Sports story

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by altitan, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Another thing: Manning will be doing endorsements for the rest of his life. He'll make million doing speeches. He's got to protect his brand.

There's no reason to risk that in a situation where he'd have less than 100% control over the outcome.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I think the reason he passed on Buds offer is because he wanted to win another superbowl and he knew the Titans were not close. He knows if he wants to be in the front office, he will he. The Titans are not going to turn hom down. The Titans will pursue him to boost popularity within the state.

3. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

The endorsements thing is true, but he is too much of a competitor to not be involved in a team in some manner. The safest place to do that will be in Tennessee. The majority of people won't dislike him based on how the Titans perform.

4. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

If you didn't play for the team your whole career and are not the owner what's the point in that? I mean Peyton wouldn't be the QB anymore and he was only in Denver for what 5 years, why should he care about championships?

5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Because he would be on the team that won them?

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I dont think that's why he passed on us. Sometimes players elevate entire teams, Peyton Manning was that kind of player at that time. I really believe he simply just wanted to be with the guy he grew up trying to emulate.

7. TitanUp7

TitanUp7 Special Teams Standout

This is exactly along the lines of what I have been telling people. Why would he care about the Titans and Nashville? He has no reason to. Because is the pro team of the state where he went to college? I doubt it. He will end up in Knoxville well before he ends up in Nashville.

I think he would help the Titans a heck of alot but I just don't see the connection.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Well Manning is competitive, plus he has a big head figuratively/literally, so I see him taking that to the front office level. Any success he would have Elway would get the credit. So I believe he would want to be successful and win championships but be 'the one' who lead the team there. Not saying its going to be the Titans, just saying being Manning it would mean more to him on his own not under 'The great John Elway'.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

LoCanfora is full of bull. Always is.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't know if Ut would want it, but it's far from the last thing they would want. I could list a hundred things ut would rather not happen than the titans being good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar