Insomnia - or atleast i think it is.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PitBull, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

good lord you know all about pills and stuff dont you?

lmao. post a pic of your medicine collection. the one in your house , purse and glove box.

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Knowledge of medicine, prescribed mgs., side effects and content is an important aspect of my job.

As for my drug collection, it's not that vast. I only keep my meds in my bedside dresser drawer. I will admit that I don't think I'd make it without my promethazine and cyclobenzaprine.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Thats cool, hey look what i bought today. you like it?

[​IMG]

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You are now less susceptible to being picked off by a predator at night. It's an evolutionary step forward. Take the silver lining, stay up all night, and watch more sports.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You do a lot of travelling don't you?

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've had trouble falling asleep on occassion too. I've found that when I watch TV or mess around on my computer, I'm less likely to get sleepy. However, if I read in bed, I start to lose focus and fall asleep pretty quickly.

Most of the time when I can't sleep, it's similar to what you describe, I can't shut my mind off. Reading something low key can really help.

7. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i have sleep apnea. that is a pain. not as bad as insomnia by any means. but on average, if i "get" 8 hours of sleep, i really only get about 4. i am thinking i am going to have to get surgery to correct it. tried just about everything else. good luck pitbull...we all need our sleep.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I concur on the Zanax approach. Very nice if you can get it. Ativan is better. I just don't have any right now.....

I've had insomnia myself. I can tell, mine is stess induced. I find that by taking some Melotonin it calms the mind down enough to naturally fall asleep. After about 3 hours I usually wake up.....brain spinning and thinking about everything. Take another and get a few more hours. I've tried Lunesta and Ambien and it just makes me feel like a zombie in the morning.

After a few weeks of intermittent sleep, it sucks.......

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Do you use the apnea machine? (seems we may have brought this up before).
    I hear its a total life-saver...

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The problem with taking anything, is that you become dependent on it. Start thinking you can't sleep without it.
    Even with something as simple as Ambien. My wife thought for a while that she couldn't sleep without it, and had to break herself from it. Now she sleeps fine, though stress still keeps her up sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar