Injuries...is it just a coincidence?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan_Cam, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

This morning I was thinking about the Titans injuries. It seems like an awful coincidence that most of our injuries this preseason have been at the positions on the team that we had the most flux at this offseason and have the most need at.

Defensive Tackle: with Al gone everyone is looking to Jason Jones to step up his game in his second year and have a big year taking over Al's spot in the starting rotation. BOOM gets hurt in the first preseason game, misses virtually all of training camp. Also an injury to Jacob Ford who was really coming on last season.

Wide Receiver: We sign Washington and draft Britt looking to upgrade the corps. Britt misses the first week of TC with a hammy. Washington looks good in camp and is still working on chemistry with Collins which will be key for the offense. Gets through most of TC and them BOOM goes is hammy and nobody knows when he'll be back.

Cornerback: We let both Carr and King go (still dont understand this), draft Mouton and McCourty and hope for Williams to develop. Mouton flashes ability on defense in the first couple games then BOOM goes his ankle and he's out the rest of preseason and realistically well into the regular season (high ankles need significant time to heal).

Returner: We let Carr go and signed Mark Jones figuring him to take over that spot. First week of TC BOOM goes his hammy and he's out almost all of TC, and now after poor performance against he Browns likely needs an excellent showing to crack the roster.

I just found this to be interesting and unfortunate, yet we still have a solid team. Let's just hope there are no more significant injuries.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

BOOM goes the dynamite

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Explanation: Jesus Thinks we should have stayed in Houston.

5. redsteel

redsteel Camp Fodder

it's called KARMA!
    your players desecrated the Terrible Towel last year after you beat the Steelers. you payed nate(i can't catch the ones that count) washington, way too much money for only a 3rd receiver in Pittsburgh. he's not all that. and now he's hurt? you lost big al, eh no big deal, right?

The Terrible Towel

Is not an instrument of witchcraft…It is not a hex upon the enemy. THE TOWEL is a positive force that lifts the Steelers to magnificent heights – and poses mysterious difficulties for the Steelers' opponents only if need be. Many have told me that THE TERRIBLE TOWEL brought them good fortune, but I can't guarantee that sort of thing because the Steelers, after all, are THE TOWEL'S primary concern. Still, at the least, the symbol of THE TERRIBLE TOWEL will serve as a memento of your having been part of the Steelers' Dynasty and if it causes good things to happen to you, so much the better.

Myron Cope

A portion of the proceeds from the sale of The Terrible Towel(TM) benefits Allegheny Valley School in Pittsburgh, one of the largest providers of care for people with mental retardation in the state of Pennsylvania.

Myron Copes Daughter attended this school, and the TT has raised millions for the school.

Now with all this TT info, good luck on thursday nite in PITTSBURGH and all those maniac fans waving their TERRIBLE TOWELS, your going to need all that you can muster up!

KARMA will bite ya on the 'BUTTOCKS':moon2:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol @ terrible towel. still hurting from the stomping. get over it, it's a yellow towel.

7. nickmsmith

If our bad luck with receivers just started this year, maybe I'd believe you. And BTW, nobody calls it "mental retardation" anymore. You should know that, being such a hero to retards.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I can only imagine how many times where going to see that played over and over from now till the opener. The best part about that is,its going to bother the hell out of Steeler nation everytime they see it while the majority of us will be smiling like a mofo's. :lol:

9. nickmsmith

so much ado about a piece of fabric.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar