Injured McCarthy resumes running

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans coach Mike Munchak said he’s optimistic that tight end Jared Cook, who suffered an injury to the AC joint of his left shoulder, will be able to return Sunday against Houston.

Munchak also sounded hopeful about wide receiver Kenny Britt, who turned an ankle, but less definitive about his chances.

“He played through it a little bit, but it got sore by the time we got to the fourth hour and into the overtime,” Munchak said. “He stiffened up, so we got him out. Hopefully he’ll be limited in practice but ready for the weekend.”

Middle linebacker Colin McCarthy, who’s missed the last two games with an ankle injury, continues to make progress, but Munchak sounded uncertain about his status for the Texans.

“He’s doing a lot more with the rehab as far as on the field now,” Munchak said. “He’s running a little bit, doing things like that. It’s just a matter of how he progresses the next three or four days as he’s doing football-like activities.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We have a solid shot at winning next week if McCarthy is in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Agreed. I know the deck looks stacked playing Houston, but I think familiarity with them helps us out like it did against Chief Red Hat.

But they said CMac would be out 4 weeks, so I don't really expect him back. Maybe I got the Monday highs, but I think the Titans could go 5-2 over the next 7 heading into the bye. The next three are the toughest of those, and if the Titans can take the Texans, they can take the Vikings and Steelers.

This could turn out really well, regardless of next week's outcome. I see us above .500 heading into the bye.

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Without McCarthy we have no shot. Foster and tate both go over a hundred yards without him.

5. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Yeah I dont see us pulling off next week. I can see us maybe stealing the 2nd game from them but hey any given Sunday!

6. JCBRAVE

Munchak said McCarthy is running again, so hopefully he's there to stomp on some Cows.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't think a hobbly McCarthy will do us any good this week. Rushing him back will just make it a self-fulfilling prophecy that he is made of glass.

8. JCBRAVE

It's an ankle, tape that sh*t up and go play!!

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

hahahahah best joke i've heard all day!

10. JCBRAVE

A lot better chance than without him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar