In this corner...XBOX 360, in this corner Ps3

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Big TT, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I am looking to buy my first (well since college anyways) gaming system. I teach high school and made the mistake of asking my kids for their opinons about which would be the best purchase between and got very little in the way of useful info, it seemed to be split about 50-50 between and each side was very passionate about which one was best. But what I took was that it depends on what types of games you like to play. I will certainly purchase Madden, I also have played Halo and liked it, so I guess the "shooter" type games would also be on my list. So give your honest opinions for me, but don't make me call the principal down here to break up a fight.:grrhee:

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

always buy hardware to match the software. Find your killer app and then get the system best for that game.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If you like Shooters, get a 360.

I think the PS3 has a better variety of games.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

better variety ? you have got to be kidding

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

one thing to consider is your current equipment and your needs
    if you happen to have a 1080p set and like to watch movies, then go ahead with a Ps3. I'm not sure what gunny means by variety .... there's hardly any variety (of quality anyway) on the Ps3 .... there's much more variety on the 360

if you happen to want to play more than a small handful of games, then go ahead and get a 360. there's a good mixture of racing games, 2 of the best FPS anywhere, a surprisingly good selection of RPG games and plenty of action/adventure. now that the new chipsets and heatsinks are installed, we may have seen the end of the RedRingOfDeath

PS3 Top lineup
    http://ps3.ign.com/index/reviews.ht...ribute=article.overall_rating&sort.order=desc

360 Top Lineup
    http://xbox360.ign.com/index/review...ribute=article.overall_rating&sort.order=desc

Gears of War > Resistance (FPS) Bioshock/Halo3 -360exclusives
    Mass Effect > Folklore
    Forza/PGR4 > Motorstorm

something else to keep in mind is that there has been plenty of documentation that cross platform titles (Half-Life2:Orange Box most recent example) perform better on the 360

something you did not mention and not sure if you're even considering it, but if you have kids you should consider a Wii

----- note from an owner of all three
    without a doubt, I am more in tune with the current offerings on the 360. there's just so many more titles and the top games are of higher quality
    -I do, however, covet the Ps3 as a fantastic DVD/BluRay player
    -the Wii is a blast with certain games. Mario Galaxy is destined to become one of the next best games of our time. Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil 4, Zack and Wiki are all top notch games ... however, it may be easier to find Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq before finding a Wii for Christmas

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Please. Outside of Mass Effect you have Bioshock, Halo and Gears of War. All FPS.

Microsoft couldn't produce an adventure game to save it's life.
    It's racers are poorer Gran Turismos.
    RPGs - pfft, Final Fantasy XIII exclusive.
    Metal Gear - exclusive.
    Uncharted - What does Microsoft have?
    Have anything like Warhawk? You sure don't.
    Heavenly Sword - nope
    God of War - nope.
    LittleBigPlanet - Ha, not even close.

Go on over to the X-Box reviews and what do you see in the genre catergory - Shooter, shooter, shooter.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Actually, that would be EA laziness. Not PS3 problems.

Also consider developers say PS3 is only using 10% of it's possible performance, 360 uses a lot more. So think long term. Just saying.

And also consider the crapbox has a 33% failure rate, so if you wanna go through the hassles of getting a new console every 5 minutes, go right ahead.
    Then there is the Halo 3 problems. The game doesn't even work.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

5 of the 8 games you mentioned aren't even released yet

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

PS3 is a long term investment. (well all consoles are).

By the time the PS3 has been out the same amount of time the 360 has (about 2 years now). Those games will be released.
    And they are all different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar