In the market for a Tablet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ten_Titans, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ipad or nothing else. I wasted many weeks on others and eventually went with an ipad

All nfl apps work for ipad btw, that was huge for me

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm a Samsung fan, but this Galaxy is a flop. Maybe I have to give it more time.

3. JCBRAVE

I had a galaxy tablet but nfl rewind isn't compatible so I returned it

I hear nexus is not bad

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Do you have a seperate tablet for house/boat/bathroom/hot air balloon/private jet

5. JCBRAVE

Nope, use the same one.

I've been trying to watch all of our 2014 opponents and create gifs on all scoring plays, that requires 1 device. If I ever get the time I'll upload them for you.

We can beat KC, they're so predictable it's funny. 1-0 here we come.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

So after fighting it for years, I'm in the market for a tab now. I'm going to be using it for basic web browsing, video, reading, and checking email. This is for pleasure, not business. I'm considering the Samsung Galaxy, Lenovo IdeaTab, iPad Mini, and Kindle Fire HDX7. In that order.

The iPad is 50%+ more than the other tabs. I like Apple products but resent them for their absurd pricing. For now I'm keeping it in the running though.

In my experience Lenovo is a very good and underrated brand. Their 8" tab is only $125 and has mostly excellent reviews. The Galaxy seems like the best balance of quality/reputation and price. But it too has its detractors.

Any other tabs I should be looking at?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The thing about Apple products being so expensive is that they keep their value for resale. That's why I have no issue buying them.

8. JCBRAVE

I have an ipad mini, got it for $200 last black friday, its been a great toy/tool for me.

I tried about 5 other tablets before finally going with the ipad.

IDK if you care, but not all tablets feature NFL Game rewind, this was a big deal for why I went with an ipad.

9. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

It doesn't sound like you're much of a tinkerer, so I would think an iPad would be good for you (although no flash).

I personally avoid them because I like doing things without tons of restrictions or hoops to jump. I do think they make a nice piece of hardware, I've been using a LePan II I got for $120 or so dollars from like 2011. Has HDMI, Ethernet connector, etc.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Don't care about Rewind. If I could find a mini for $200 I'd probably go that direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar