In division trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nizculman, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Maybe you're right there...although Romo is coming off back to back injuries...plus Jerry's love for Manziel might be his next move

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed

Romo did not play this year hard to argue he could play 3 more

Not saying he could not just the end is neigh....

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The basketball is a superstar based sport where having a good team matters much less then having one of the 10-15 players in the NBA. The NFL is a much more team oriented sport where one player makes much less of an impact (outside of QB) thus draft picks are valued higher as it gives you a chance to get multiple solid players.

Either way though I wouldn't help the Houston Texans get a potential franchise QB unless they gave up at least their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd picks plus two extra firsts.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Which is about what it should take to move up that far.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

A few years ago, I had a set of wheels I wanted to sell. $500 was market price. People would list the same set at $500 and they'd sell in a day or two, /presumably at that price. So I listed $500. Day 1, this guy blows me up. Multiple thread replies and private messages. Call me now, I want these. Cool. I'm gettin' $500. I call him.

"I'll give you $350 for them."
    "Sorry. They'll sell for $500, so I'm going to try to get that."
    "I don't have $500."
    "Maybe if they don't sell in a few months, I'll consider lower offer, but I'm looking for $500."
    "They are bronze and silver would look better on my car."
    "Sorry."
    "I don't even like them. You gotta take $350."
    "No."

Then he trashed me on that forum.

This thread reminded me of that.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

You sell them for the full $500?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. nizculman

nizculman Starter

A draft pick only allows you to get a single player unless someone is willing to trade multiple players for that single pick. This thread also reminds me of trading cards back in 90's, kids thought they had valuable card collections according to a price list but at the end of the day their cards were almost worthless bc nobody would pay anything close to what the price list ssid they were worth.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 3
    • Boring Boring x 1
  8. nizculman

nizculman Starter

I still havent seen a single post that reasons not doing the trade bc the titans would be a better team with the tackle prospect instead of the proposed players.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Yup. A day or two later. I would have kept them if I didn't.

Hopefully, the Titans use the same strategy.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Last time the Texans and Titans traded was when you guys wanted Jason Babin. Do you remember what that cost your team to move back into the first rd to get the player your team wanted ?
    Now you are saying that you want the 1st pick in the ENTIER draft for significantly less ?

I'm just not seeing the logic behind that thought ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar