Importance of trading Brown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Number one, I predicted after last season that Brown probably would not be on our roster in 2006. I don't want to repeat what people thought of that comment back then!!!!!
    But anyway, if we do not trade Brown, what kind of attitude is he going to be bringing to camp if he does not want to be here? This team had leadership problems last year, we don't need anyone else disrupting the locker room.
    If Brown wants to go, we need to trade him for whatever we can get and as soon as possible. We don't need him in our locker room. Just pack up all of his Ace bandages, hot compresses, splints, cold packs, braces, bandaids and <i>excuses</i> and drop him off at the airport.

<u>This message approved by Nash and Payton.</u>

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he hasn't left yet so those comments are valid until he is gone.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Players try to better their situation all the time. Brown is no different. I think Brown will be on the roster unless someone is willing to give up something big for him.

4. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Yeah, I just don't see us trading him either. I think Reese would only do it if someone was willing to overpay for him. And I just can't imagine anyone wanting to give away the farm for Chris Brown.
    I hope he can at least play in 8-10 games this year for us and run for 1,000 yds.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

But, why have a player around if he doesn't want to be there.

It's counter-poductive.

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I could see us getting draft picks for him.... Maybe a third rounder but more likely a fourth.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it would need to be significantly higher than what the Titans would get with a comp pick.

8. this stinks cause chris brown and lendale white, could have been a very effective combo, but since he doesnt want to be here, i dont think he will put up big numbers this season at all

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Brown has never ever been anything close to a locker room cancer or malcontent. He could have easily complained about EG getting carries when he was at the end of his career and not as effective. He could have complained about the Titans bringing in Henry last yr. Brown doesn't have the personality to be a major distraction. Honestly I think it annoys Fisher how laid back Brown is and how he is always smiling on the sideline with that I just took a toke grin. Until I actually hear Brown say something negative this is all on his agents.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Brown wouldn't have been a problem....

Or should i say will not be since he is still with us.

This is a contract year for him. It would do brown no good to cause any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar