I'm warming up to Ginn... somewhat...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Starkiller, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Excellent point. Also, something that might have affected him a little though was that he was also a great returner last year so teams knew from day 1 that this is someone they don't want to give much room to return. At least that is a good excuse for a low punt return average. I don't know what you can say for kick returns. It's not like everyone squibbed the whole year. Despite Ginn's speed, he doesn't have much shake and bake or quick cutting ability that some of the elite returners have.

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

I'm thinking Ginn will be the pick.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Youll end up seein a guy like Roby, Williams, Orr, etc taking that role in an attempt to get some real starting time

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Wanna know what I find odd. We diddnt have a number 1 receiver last year and we still won games. We still fought every game and never gave up even when we were down and pretty much out. But we found a way to win. You guys are all crying about how Ginn isent a good receiver and hes all speed and he will never be a number 1 in the NFL. OK well why wouldnt we want a guy like him on our team? Tell someone you cant do it and your going to try harder. Im sure Ginn hears all this trash people talk on him saying oh hes just reall fast hes going to be Desmond Howard or Troy Williamson..

We need a guy like him on our team. Who really produced for us at receiver last year? BENNETT led the team in yards and catches.. BENNETT..

Ginn > Bennett

You can almsot guarentee a huge play if he gets the ball in his hands.

Sure you can go and draft a strong , blocking , possession receiver but whats he going to do that Bennett coudlnt do? You wanna draft Bowe or Meachem or even Jarrett?

Ginn will be the pick. And your just going to have to deal with it. This is my final rant about how Ginn should be the pick. If hes not you'll never hear me talk about him again unless he plays extremely well for the team who drafts him.

Go ahead and tell me more reasons we shouldn't draft him its all crap because if im not mistaken everyone thought Leinart last year should of been the pick because he could come in right away and start (as the "experts" said)

They said Young's passing motion was horrendice and would never work in the NFL and the defence was bigger and stronger in college and he wouldnt be able to run. Well we all know how that turned out.

By this time next season we will be talkin about the same exact thing probably going into the draft looking for safety or something and lookin back at last years draft and sayin man... im happy we ended up gettin Ginn we need to make more picks like that.

Im out

5. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

I'd argue that Bowe, Jarrett and Meachem are all much better possession receivers that have better hands than Bennett. Thats why we should draft one of them if they are there in the second round.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all the logic that we won games last year without a #1 so some how that justifies using a 1st round pick on a WR that will probably not be a #1 is ridiculous. Bennett actually had an average yards per catch of 16, in the NFL. Ginn with his guarantee of making a huge play only had a 13.2 YPC average in college.

Second of all Bennett at 6'5 is a real good route runner which is very critical in the NFL. The guys on the defensive side of the ball are much more talented in the NFL and fast guys who can't run crisp routes and get seperation, which Bennett was good at usually end up being flops. Most fans would be over joyed if Ginn could come in and put up 800 yards per year and be as productive as Bennett as strickly a WR.

Also, poking insults at Bennett or any other WRs on our team neglects the fact that VY was horrible as a passer early in the year and except for a few solid games down the stretch would have been horrible for the season. Bennett could easily be a 1000 yard WR in a passing offense with an accurate QB. When your QB is only throwing for 100 yards in a game you can't put all the blame on the WRs. If we want to truly upgrade at WR we need a guy who is BETTER than Bennett. Not some project who might end up being a slot guy at best who returns kicks.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

IMO:

If we swap to 30 to get turner, then we go WR. I'd take best available in below order.

Meachem>Ginn>Bowe>Jarrett

(And believe me- drafting a UT WR in the 1st round scares the hell out of me)

8. maximus

maximus Starter

My believe on Ginn is that unless he finds a way to add 10-15 lbs without losing speed and agility. Then I wouldn't mind him.
    But I have a feeling Ginn is going to make his paydays with returns and some slot WR action.
    My top WR are
    Johnson, Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett, Rice, Ginn.

IMO, we need a DB(Chris Houston?) or DL (Adam Carriker, Florida DE who escapes me)

9. DJB

DJB Starter

I am now pulling for the Titans to draft Ginn Jr. I picture VY scrambling around a little..taking a few steps towards the line...CBs moving up thinking QB run...Ginn taking off upfield and VY hitting him on the move. Plus some good kick/punt returns. I think he'd be a good fit

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, that's what keeps me from saying "no" to the idea. Vince in trouble in the backfield, makes a few guys miss, changes direction and launches one up to a wide open Ginn that snuck into an open spot. From there it's an easy 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar