I'm still mad at Chris Brown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He just said Chris Brown had a good season.. lol

2. Apple Gooncha

Apple Gooncha Camp Fodder

Exactly, and I was disagreeing with him.

3. ^ No, I'm laughing cause he said that.. not replying to your post

4. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

2 fumbles in 2 weeks around the 5 yard line before we're getting ready to score is TOO MANY

I'm still irked! And I'm not getting over it so it seems ;)

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Yeah, the CB fumble was a huge momentum swing. We score there, Bironas hits the FG and we're looking at 16 points. The point about Merriman making a great play on CB is true to some extent, but if you look back...why in the name of all that is right was CB doing some awkward form of a ballerina jump? I know, a lineman got underneath him, but if he doesn't jump there Merriman misses, CB falls over and we try again. Yesterday's game could be defined as a players manual for "what not to do in a play-off game". But it's to be expected, we're a young team.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

So what your saying is we have a backup rb who single handedly won a game for us. You could name rb's like that on one hand.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

No player blames Chris for this loss. If you will look at Titans/Jeff Fisher history, this is how it goes. Even when Steve had his MVP year and Eddie and Frank were doing it big, we never were a high scoring team.

The thing was that offense was ineffective and defense was wearing down. Defense kept us in this game. Jeff doesn't have the offensive players for control ball.

We could have Randy Moss and Terrell Owens on the field at the same time and Fisher would still be trying to implement control ball.

If you're sick as a fan, imagine being on defense. You go out and hold an offense to 3&out and as soon as you are about to look at the printouts and talk to coach, you see special teams running out for a punt, over and over....

Oh back to Chris Breezy. Merriman got lucky with that play. Chris was airborne, he took a hand off the ball to prepare to use his right hand to break his fall. Merriman did what every defensive guy practices and went to pooch the ball and hit the jackpot.

8. zackmann

zackmann Guest

on that play....

i actually think that that outcome should have been a high possibility....it was a pitch away from Merriman, with the offensive purposely leaving Merriman unblocked....

i would imagine when that play is run in walk throughs, the coaches say "watch out for Merriman coming unblocked from the backside if you cut since he is being left unblocked"...

and at a point when a fumble would kill the momentum (just as an INT would), the coaches shouldn't call a play where they know the one guy being left unblocked has a good chance to cause a fumble....

if merriman is left unblocked on an up the gut run, it would be far harder for him to get a shot at the football....

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

crisbrown found a secluded spot adjoining the main dressing room to avoid the media as he "dressed" after the game.

In his coal black heart he knows he put the shive in the Titans 2007 season.

10. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

i wouldnt say that....the reason he fumbled was because he was spinning and dancing too much.....he didnt even have control of himself, so how could he have control of the ball

and on a side note....HALL was the only player on OFF. with any heart that game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar