I'm gonna be sick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nouveaux, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Hey, we werent supposed to beat this team today. Watch, the Pats... I think this team will go to the superbowl. The only chance we had to win, realistically was for the Pats to sit all their starters and us play exceptionally well. Neither happened. The Pats never really showed alot, they never bring the blitz like I thought they would. It just wasnt going to happen. We blew our playoff chances when we let Collins play and lost the Miami/Jets/1st Colts/Ravens games!

The future looks real bright tho!

2. CPA

CPA Camp Fodder

The Titans did not play good football today. There were too many mistakes on offense, defense and special teams - few big plays on offense - no big plays on defense. The team should be hungry to do much better next year.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Heck, the Pats did us a favor by throwing as much as they did in that game. Our run defense is as bad as I've seen in the league and by throwing the ball they kept us in the game. Notice near the end they ran the ball down our throats. I'm dissapointed that we didn't play better against the run in a must win game. Pitiful.

4. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Your mad that the Pats didn't GIVE the Titans the game

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the texans had no problem with it

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The Bears are sure giving Green Bay a freebie tonight.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Buck Felichik

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'll admit I didn't expect us to win if the Pats played it as a regular game (which they did), but it still hurt so watch us play so badly. Our offence came unglued and got itself in way too many 2nd or 3rd and long situations. At least our defence is consistent, consistently bad.....

God was Hill pathetic on that long TD pass. He's in man coverage, yet lets the receiver get behind him because he's backpedalling and looking into the backfield for about 10 yards, only when the pass is made does he turn to follow his reciever who already has a good step on him, and of course by this time it's pretty much too late to make a good play on the ball.... and then he isn't even smart enough to make a secure tackle, or even a PI if needed.....

Edit: Well I'm assuming it was man coverage, if Hill had short zone, then the blame should be on the safety (LT I believe) who was nowhere near the play.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

This is a loss I will accept for a few reasons. One, it was a wake-up call for a lot of people; we are not as great as our streak indicated. We have a good foundation, we have certain players who are spectacular talents. We are, however, not a good team at this point; we are a team with a lot of potential strenghs on the horizon, but in the present, have too many fatal flaws. This is a team on the rise, and the fact that we essentially (if unknowingly) controlled our own playoff destiny in this game, and lost; that can only be made into hunger. You want true hunger for anything, you have to starve a little. Think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar