I'm beginning to think pick 30 will be LB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why? I mean cushing is obviously an AJ hawk type prospect but we won't be able to get him. Lauranitis didn't have a great combine and only ran a 4.88 40. Is he a franchise type nfl MLB or another rocky calmus?

We don't need a a SAM OLB for 2 years david thornton is signed through 2010 and only counts $4M a year against the cap. He turned 30 in november so i would expect no drop off in that time.

I say go D-line @30 and then go linebacker in rds 2-4. freeman rd 2, mcgrath 2-3 or cassias 3-4 are all a nice fit for our scheme..

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Unless they think they can improve our run defense with a better more physical MLB than the what we have than the main focus is on the weakside with bulluck's age and contract status.

A weakside OLB in our system needs to be active. We would be looking for a guy with exceptional timed speed and a guy who can cover. It is not a position for conversion. If a guy was an ILB or a DE in college he most likely is not a good candidate for that spot.

Freeman, mcgrath and Jonathan Casillas all fit the qualifications to play that position and one could be had in rd 2 or later. Aslee palmer might be worth looking at later on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar