I'm beginning to think pick 30 will be LB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Biggest need may be CB but I'm beginning to think a LB may be the choice. Though you can't give much to those visiting Baptist Sports Park, there have been quite a few of the projected late first-round LBs coming to town lately.

Call it a hunch but I am wondering if Cecil is looking to find a more physical LB who might be stronger against the run and free up Bulluck and Thornton. Since Tulloch has the ability to play on the outside, this adds depth there and maybe would point to Bulluck not being re-signed.

Wildcard here is Fowler and how Keglar develops. I'm not as confident the team feels Fowler is going to ever be what they need inside and Keglar likely will stay on the outside.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

thats not that far off, Jeff. It makes sense. BUUUUT....I think that CB is a more important position to address.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Are player visits used more to genuinely evaluate or are they used more as a misdirection smokescreen?

It's going to be an interesting draft for us.

CB is the most glaring need for depth but looking to next years Titans FA DE or LB are going to be high on the list.

I think if they want an immediate impact in a players rookie season, DE or LB is where you go on defence.With that in mind I see DE as more pressing but if a rookie who can contribute early isn't a priority we could go WR,CB,DE or LB.

I want DE but my gut says CB.

I think #53 is young enough and good enough to get another contract.I don't see his replacement in who's likely to be available at the 30th pick.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm thinking we go BPA on defense, or if there is no one there we really like we trade back.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I've been saying LB all along. I know it seems like CB will be the pick, but I have my doubts. According to some the "experts," none of the CBs who will be there at 30 is rated as a 1st rounder. "If you need a cornerback in this draft, sit it out. There are no corners even well above average, never mind great." - Mike Mayock to Peter King (Link).

The Titans are supposedly bringing in all 3 USC LBs for visits, which only adds more fuel to the LB speculation fire.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

With D.J. Moore now potentially slipping to our pick in the second, I could see us take a linebacker.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I really want a LB here too. I think that we need DB help more, but it makes a lot of sense to go LB if the right one is on the board when we choose. Matthews, Cushing, Lauranitis. If one of them fall to us then I think we have to take em.

On the other hand though, if Malcolm Jenkins falls like some project or even Darius Butler slips through to us, I say we snag em. Jenkins is projected to be too slow to be a CB, but his game-tape tells me otherwise. The guy can ball no matter what his 40-time says. Plus with Cortland being our speed CB, Jenkins will fit in nicely as a big tough corner.

I am hoping that things shake out well for us and at least 1 stud player will fall to us.

8. llr7

llr7 Guest

i still think a wr at 30th because not many top rated ones in this draft and if you need one nows your chance. but they will take the highest rated player regardless of position. keith bullock is the heart and soul of the defense and i dont see him goin anywhere . he started his career with the titans and it will be nice to see a player finish his career with the same team, go titans

9. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

Your post makes sense, but looking back at the Titans draft history, they have a tendency of taking players in the early rounds that would still be available a round or two later. I.E. Chris Henry, Chris Johnson & Jason Jones, just to name a few.

Chris Johnson would have been picked up sooner rather than later, but I honestly think he would have been available in the 2nd, even though hindsight says he was well worth the 1st round pick.

With that said, this is probably the 1st draft in a few years that I have not been saying we needed to take a WR in the 1st. I'd like the addition of Holt, but with Washington on board, we have many more pressing needs we could fill with the 30th pick instead of WR.

This draft, I am expecting them to draft a LB or CB, though I wouldn't be upset if we did draft a WR 1st.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Hopefully this draft turns out to work in our favor. It would be cool snag a real gem at #30. Maybe a USC LB, maybe a WR from UNC, maybe even a RB or CB from UConn. Whoever it is, it will be a surprise.

I can't wait till this draft kicks off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar