i'll never understand this.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080804/SPORTS01/80804075/1027

But head coach Jeff Fisher said there’s no competition with Fowler for the middle linebacker job.

“At this point, Ryan is our starting middle linebacker,’’ Fisher said. “Ryan won the job (last year) and we have every reason to believe he is going to be better than last year, when he was very good for us.’’

:barf:

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I thought the same thing when I read this. Fisher sees something he likes in Fowler, and won't move away. maybe its the fact that he can take on blockers a little better. We don't use the MLB that much anyway, but Tulloch should start, IMHO.

3. you know what assuming does...

4. reo

reo Starter

Give it time. Its the first week of TC... before any preseason games.

5. Fry

it doesn't matter. lamont thompson was put on notice like 100 times before he was finally replaced.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

We didn't have anyone better or the cap room to go get someone. I do really hope Tulloch starts this year.

7. Fry

we had lots of guys who were better than lamont. he's not even on a roster right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I think it's just the fact that he would have to take the starting job away from Fowler. If Fowler didn't want to play as a backup, the depth gets a little scary. Also, I seriously doubt Fowler can play OLB, and Tulloch has been learning OLB. I don't think the coaches' decision to keep Fowler as the starter has anything to do with Fowler being better than Tulloch, or vice-versa, but more to do with the depth chart as a whole. I hate to think about it, but Bulluck and Thornton aren't getting any younger. I'm guessing if one of them go down, we'll be glad we have Tulloch AND Fowler.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I also question some of Fisher's personnel choices. Tulloch looked better last year, and it sounds like he's doing better so far this year. Fowler deserves his chance, but I won't be surprised to see Tulloch look better and be on the bench.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It reminded me of the LaMont situation at first also, but then I thought about the personnel. Tully has been solid on situationals requiring an additional LB and on ST's. Moving him to start at MLB means he would have to drop those other roles. Keeping Fowler as an every down run plug and bringing in Tully's intensity on situationals may be the best recipe for 3 and out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar