I'll Eat My Humble Pie...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I really don't get how you can have an intentional throwing 40 yards away.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Then what does that tell you about Billy Volek's skills when he's (basically) getting dumped for Kerry Collins, the quarteback the Raiders dumped for Aaron Brooks? :rolleyes:

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I honestly think that the bridge with Volek and the FO (not the team, just the FO and coaching staff) has been burned. I would not expect him to start next week, even though he deserves another chance over Collins.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'd also expect KC to start again next week.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It was the right call. Collins was in the pocket and no receivers were within 15 yards.:rolleyes:

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think KC will start next week. Fisher will like that 4th quarter run too much and will ride that legless pony into next week.

7. Riverman

That's such BS. What- Collins led a 1 yard TD drive?

The running game is what sustained the longer drives. We had very few passes on those drives.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I disagree, ball was slightly misdirected by the DL. He was throwing it towards Bennett on a post.

Fisher could not drop the red flag cause it was a judgement call.

The only reason that call could have been made was cause Collins was in the pocket.

That was the call that was like 5 seconds after the end of the play right?

9. Riverman

I was at the field- the pocket was collapsing and he clearly was dumping the ball. He threw to the middle like a post but Bennett was maybe 15 yards away and had not yet broke in- It was the right call- I saw the whole play. It was a brain fart by our 2 million dollar experienced QB.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I thought the same till I watched the tape.

Looked like the ball was "misdirected" by the DL too me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar