I'll be "that" guy..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Finnegan2win, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

The call where Rivers was over the line of scrimmage clearly changed the whole complexion of the game. If we had competent rules, they would have had 3rd and 15, much better odds than 14-3 deficit. After that everything blew up, truth.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree that rule is bogus but it is what it is. The way the rest of the game played out I don't think it would've matter anyway. They were scoring TDs almost everytime they touched the ball. Even when on their A-game, our offense would've had a hard time keeping up.

Our defense has holes aplenty that need to be addressed ASAP.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Seriously?

I'm not even complaining about them- but if you didn't even see one bad call, you weren't watching the game.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It all depends again on if your looking for an excuse. I had 2 maybe 3 calls that made me go up the wall. All those neutral zone infractions, wtf? But as many keep saying; we lost this game from every angle, not just penalties.

I probably end each season saying this same thing: "we'll learn from that and be better for it". I'm yet to NOT end on those words. We need some kind of change that comes from the man upstairs. I'm tired of not getting it done each and every year.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You are 110% correct about all of this. It was becoming obvious, when he crossed the LOS on that play.

6. iQon

iQon Starter

lol

Just read the post. The LOS was definitely bull and I've never heard of that rule. Needs to be banished, but the damage is done for us there.

I've never seen a coach get penalized for yelling at a ref. Maybe in other sports, but not football. If he really got the 15 yarder for calling him out on calls, then yeah. Something was brewing upstairs.

I might go ahead and try to find a copy of the game soon. We made our own mistakes, but the refs seemed to tack on a little and they all seem to be from the 21 point swing that we never recovered from.

7. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Yup, certain bad calls def broke their back for good. Don't care what anyone says.

8. HighBoltageMD

HighBoltageMD Camp Fodder

The refs do suck!...They seem to worse with every game.

I know that the pubic hair on the LOS is a legal pass. I seen happen a couple a games ago (not sure which one), but I thought it was a BS call then. I was wrong.

But no one brought up the one about the VY fumble. Seems to me that a defender can't hit a QB when he slides. He should have only touched him to kill the play. IMHO

I agree that a bunch of bad calls (no matter how minor) can stop/help a teams momentum. There was plenty of holding penalties uncalled on both sides. If this refs would do their jobs better It would help the losing team to accept the lose(unless it's a rival game).

But on a positive note that CJ is one bad cat. Scared the hell outta me on the opening drive.

Good luck on your next game

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Saw every play of it and just because we lost I'm not going to be a homer and bash the refs. Name me one bad call.

10. aburrow

aburrow Camp Fodder

Second pass interference on Finnegan when Floyd pulled on Finnegans shoulder pads and arm. I watched it like 4 times on my pvr and was amazed that they called it PI on the defense , if anything it was offensive PI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar