If your McNair...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree with you, yesterday watching NFL Total Access, First NFL Draft by Vince Young, he talked about the commitment to the game and the passion and love that feels for it, and besides he talked about McNair being his mentor and that he wants to be like him, I also think that if we draft Young, Mac is going to re structure his contract to be our starter for the next 2 years, I am confident that this will be the path in this saturday, I am praying right now that Floyd picks Young instead of Matt "Hollywood" Leinart, Steve is back and we have a better chance to reach the playoffs this year.

I see comments about Porter and the Raiders, did I miss something?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Oddsmakers don't think it absolute- they have him at 3/1 to come back to Tennessee. ( a little less than the 2/1 he goes to Baltimore)

3. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I have wondered about that myself.

I have also wondered if we will end up with Cutler. I saw a news clip with Bud Adams a while back and he mentioned that he really liked Cutler.......The last time he made a statement like that it was about how he liked Travis Henry when the trade rumors started. The next thing you know...the Henry trade happened.

4. Oddsmakers and odds are full of BS, oddsmakers every year have the Colts and Peyton Manning winning the Super Bowl, and guess what? Steelers are SB Champs..:brow:

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This idea that Mac is going to give up about $10 - to $15 million over the next 2-3 years so he can hand the ball over to Jr. is ridiculous.
    Papa might love Vince but I doubt it is to the tune of $10 million dollars.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Only the market is going to determine what McNair actually "is going to give up". I don't think it unrealistic at all that McNair will consider mentoring Young even at a guaranteed money less than his market value. He has made statements in the press to that effect about 8 weeks ago.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I asked this question in chat last week of Scott Wright from NFL Draft Countdown...

My genius question:ha: ..."How much do you think the draft will affect McNair's decision to renegotiate with the Titans?"

Scott Wright's answer... "I would think drafting Young would give McNair more incentive to work things out."

8. I want Mcnair to stay like the rest of us, but come on, he can't ask for all this money.

9. Nine

Nine Starter

Let's say the Titans release McNair, who hits the open market and finds that, much like Ty Law and Charles Woodson, no teams are willing to pay his asking price. Eventually he receives a three-year offer for $5M/year from the Ravens. Then what?

Does he go back to Floyd and give the Titans the opportunity to match the offer? Or has Floyd already burned that bridge?

And if McNair gives Floyd the opportunity to match it? Would the Titans even be interested in retaining McNair's services? Or do they want to wipe the slate and let the rookie QB learn from his inevitable mistakes?

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If McNair is released, I suspect Reese would say he'd bring him back but:

1. McNair would not leave unless he knew he'd have a better offer.
    2. Reese wouldn't take him back for any reason unless it is to sign him for a day and retire him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar