If Young skips the draft...which seem highly probable..who do we take at #3?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Laserjock, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

On Jim Rome yesterday they were interviewing a guy and Jim asked him who would he take in New Orleans slot and the guy said Jay Cutler. because he liked Jay better than Matt and felt NO was going to try and move out of that "he can run but he can't throw" mold that Aaron Brooks had

wait till after the Senior Bowl before making decisions on where Jay Cutler may end up projecting .... for all we know he could very well propell himself into the Top QB spot

here's why .......

Matt Leinart has looked like utter bantha poodoo his last 2 games. His decision making and persistence on forcing it into heavy coverage last night didn't impress me a bit. I believe that what we saw from MAtt last night is an indication as to how he'll fare in the NFL.
    Matt Leinart is overrated and gained nothing by returning for his Senior year. HE would've been the #1 overall last year, now he could be this years Aaron Rodgers

Vince Young. ....... well, I tried knocking the kid the last few weeks. I was real high on him and then I cooled down a bit. I really didn't like his arm. but I saw enough of his arm last night to change that abit. HOWEVER, his passes seem to hang in the air too long and his side-arm release may cause some issues throwing over the middle. He is uber-raw as a passer and his "big-play" runa around feet will get him lots of ooohs and aaahs, but could also lead to avoidable injury - see: Steve McNair

Jay Cutler on the other hand is kind of a "best of both worlds" with these 2. Jay's instincts are uncanny. He's unselfish and he wants to win the game. He cam on strong at the end of the year tossing 12 TD's in his last 3 games.
    At this point, I like Jay Cutler better than Matt Leinart. period.
    - Cutler didn't get a lot of national attention playing for perennial loser Vandy but he had a tremendous senior season and has become one of the hottest names in the draft. In fact, if this guy had played at USC or Michigan people would probably be talking about him as one of the best players available. In addition to ideal physical tools Cutler also has that extra something and a gunslinger mentality that his teammates rally around. - excerpt

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Apparently that guys was Chris Simms.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

4. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

Good to see that others are starting to believe in Cutler too, this guy is a gamer and either three of these qb's could only help turn the franchise in the right direction IMO.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

How good of a college career does a guy have to have to make you a believer? Leinhart is a winner. So is young but I don't want another running QB just for the fact that teams usually try to change them as soon as they get to the NFL (ala Vick) and also cause they get hurt to often. I like Cutler too but I'm not sold on him as a top 5 pick in the draft.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Jay Cutler may very well be the best QB in this class, but your criticisms of Young (NCAA's highest passer rating) and McNair (Co-MVP) are more than ridiculous.

Young is actually very accurate. Scouts are more likely to question his mechanics and release speed than anything else. He is also one of the best decision makers (the most important quality a QB can have) I have seen at the college level.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

If Young stays in school, I trade back. If he enters the Draft, and is there at #3, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No doubt he's a winner but I think he gets alot of undue credit. He is part of a winning system, has put up numbers with the assistance of a Heisman RB with exceptional receiving skills, and follows in the shadow of Carson Palmer.

I think he's good, just not the top QB "lock" that everyone has made him out to be. I think he'll be a slightly above average NFL QB, nowhere as good as Palmer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar