If you pick any current NFL head coach?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

the thing about dungy that concerns me is he is suppossed to be some kind of defensive genius. gruden took his team over. when the bucs played in that super bowl the titans should have been in, c'mon, you all know that it's total bs the faders spanked us twice that year. freakin' afc championship. good grief. don't give me salty nuts and tell me it's popcorn. anyways... dungy was mr. d in Buccabay... cover 2 extraordinaire. Gruden cut down the most productive offense in the league... a team that scored a combined...ahem... let's not talk about points scored on the Titans... it was ALOT. Even outside the s.t. meltdowns... the faders slaughtered our tacks. Bucs d was the :banned:. It was. Flat out. What's dungy doing now? yeah, it's tearing me apart, let me tell yeah... dolts d couldn't stop anything that's running this past year. how they won the sb is a mystery to me... or maybe it's Peyton Manning. I'll give turd boy his props. He is the man. All that. Hell, he's even funny on snl. whooptie freakin do! Tony Dungy? Mr. D rides Peyton's coat tails into sb history? 10 seasons in the playoffs doesn't sound so super terrific when he does his idenity thing and then piggie backs on a mvp guy. I swear, Peyton Manning is more the coach of the Colts than Dungy.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What is sec smoking this time?

Dungy won with trent dilfer, shaun king and brad johnson. He went to the nfl championship and almost a super bowl with shaun king and would have went to the super bowl had it not been for a bum call. The notion that he needs a hall of fame QB to win obviously isn't true. I guess one could argue that dungy has never had a complete team. All his good players are from one side of the ball. I wonder what he could do with a complete team eh? Like what would dungy had done with the 99-2000 titans who had excellent players at almost every position..

In his career dungy has averaged 10.4 wins per season. Belichick has averaged 9.2. Fisher(the great) 8.4. He must be doing something right. His teams almost always are ready to play, well prepared and always believe they will win. And that is what they do.

You want to make the argument that dungy couldn't win the big one without a hall of fame QB that's fine with me. Lombardi, landry, shula, noll, brown also had hall of fame QBs. I guess they got lucky huh? Shula had three HOF Qbs, unitas, griese, marino. Belichick has a future one in brady. What a coincidence!

Speaking of defensive geniuses what about the former wonderkind jeff fisher. Look at the crap he has put on the field..

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    you take Dungy over Cowher? Is that list in order of preference?

Dungy is too calm.

I think he won with defensive talent in TB.
    That SB? That's on Manning.

ps- the good stuff. :grrhee:

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

So would I.

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

HERE, HERE! :beerbang:

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Coaches should wear Tom Landry hats.

[​IMG]

I suppose since Reebok doesn't make a Tom Landry hat, coaches aren't allowed to wear them. That's what stinks about football today.

So my answer to the question? I pick no one until Rbk makes a better hat.

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Bill Belichick (sp)

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Justify fisher please..

I want every poster who wants fisher to justify their position. You own a football team, your uncle just died and left you a $500m football franchise. Now you have your pick of any coach on earth so you tell me how in the hell you arrive at jeff fisher? Tell me using something more logical than you like his moustache. 4 winning seasons in 12 years doesn't give him the job for me, What are you qualifications? Do you have any?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I like what Mike Nolan has done with a pretty ordinary San Francisco unit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar