If you pick any current NFL head coach?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

Fisher- hometown hero
    Andy Reid- genius, great character
    Mangini- young and smart
    Peyton- young and smart
    Shanahan- old, experianced, and good and level headed
    Belicheck- no matter how little talent they end up having it always seems like this guy gets em in the playoffs

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Marvin lewis?

One could argue that the bengals have under performed their talent level and they sure seem to have a lot of losers on that club..

No way i would name a new guy like payton until he proves his worth.

:banned: :banned:

I think anyone who doesn't have tony dungy on their short list must be an idiot. Sorry don't want to be mean about it but the guy has taken a team to the post season 10 straight seasons and has won 65% of his games. WTF more does the guy have to do? No, you rather have eric mangini as your coach a one year phenom; pathetic!

Brian billick would be on my short list. His ratio of winning seasons to losing ones is 2.5-1 vs jeff fisher 1-1 and billick has only had steve mcnair for one year fisher had him for a decade. :rolleyes:

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

rockytitan..

Why seperate fisher from schwartz? Fisher hired him and keeps him here. If schwartz sucks that bad then so does fisher for hiring the scum and keeping him on after years of under performance. What makes you think that fisher is such a great coach if he hires morons?

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Exactly. That's my main reason for disliking Fisher. He sees that Schwartz sucks, and he sees that everyone else knows it too, but he keeps him. He's too much of a pansy to can the guy because he needs a friend I guess, I don't know.
    Which brings up Billick that you mentioned. He fired his best friend because he wasn't getting the job done at offensive coordinator. Must be nice.
    And I say Marvin Lewis because regardless of what kind of talent they have, they are still the Bengals and he's made them a threat. The defense makes plays and so does the offense. They do have a lot of talent though, but that city alone swallows talent.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

alot of people on this thread wouldnt want bellicheck tho, remember he doesnt like to pay players alot of money, he believes in team philoshpy and will go with names no one knows about.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Billick defensive genius?

Has had a top defense with three different coordinators. Lewis, nolan and ryan. Are they all geniuses or is billick motivating them to play well? I would say the later.

I know this if i have $500M on the line to own a football team i'm not going to be the least bit sentimental. Fishy won't win any home town hero points with me and how in the hell he is a hero i don't know. Maybe he works with erron kinney on the fire dept in the off season incognito. I sure in the hell wouldn't pass up a guy because of the clothes he wears or because he coaches a division rival. To me this list is so easy and obvious you look at results long term.

Belichick
    Cowher
    Dungy
    Shanahan
    billick

Mike nolan wouldn't get an interview. Fisher would get an interview but would only be considered if those other guys turned me down. Nolan, payton, mangini, mora could apply for assistant positions. I might hire jim mora sr to be my press sectretary. :ha:

This is big business and i'm going to hire the best! Whether i think the guy is a jerk or not.

7. Deuce Wayne

Yeah, the markings of a GREAT coach. No one else even comes close. Dungy had amazing defensive talent in Tampa, then amazing offensive talent in Indy. Andy Reid has always had good talent. Billick hasn't had much talent, and does well.
    Man, when you think about it, Belichick's team has one or 2 players everyone knows and they came out of nowhere. Brady wasn't ever thought to be anything special and probably never would have been without B.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

dude you guys would want DUNGY?!?!?!?
    once a colt, always a colt, he should be edited out of this forum now on, he is known as *****

9. Deuce Wayne

So what do you think about Harper and Thornton?

10. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Bottom Line........
    Jeff Fisher is the only coach for this oraganization and this team. There is not a coach currently or past in the last 20 years I would want over him he is a top class head coach. They better sign him long term or this franchise will be in trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar