If you could have any active ex-Titan come back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Three things are for certain about Calico.

1. He WAS inconsistent BEFORE the injury.
    2. He is out of work right now because he was a bust.
    3. Some homers still defend him. :))

2. Morph

Morph Revolution

1) Did I say he was perfect? You obviously didn't watch him play very much before the bad knee(s) because if you had then you would have a little respect. Yeah, inconsistent at first -- but up until the injury he was progressing and becoming more reliable.
    2) A bust? A bust is Kerry Collins, but that's another story entirely. He isn't in the NFL anymore because of those injuries -- like I said he showed potential, but we'll never know how far he would have went unfortunately.
    3) Some children have no respect and no clue.:cool:

3. Tex in a Can

Tex in a Can Guest

Drew Bennett, John Thorton, Jevon Kearse, Jon Runyan

and Travis Henry

4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

If we are going to dream then lets dream big, how about Earl Campbell in his rookie form. :))

I personally would like Pacman to come back but as a good citizen.

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Tyrone Calico sure as hell had a cool name. Was fun to say, fun to type and I even named my Animal Crossing town Calicove. Damn you Tyrone, why couldn't your on-field performance match the excellence of your name?
    Anyway, it's tempting to say Lorenzo Neal because he's the best out there, but I would sooner fill need, in the hopes that Jevon could have an injury-free year. Now there's a guy who built some hurtin' bombs.

...Failing all that, bring back Eddie Berlin! A real man's WR...

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Calico was a bust. Get over it. He wasn't getting better or more consistent before his injury. Also, his knees had nothing to due with the inability of his hands to catch the ball before JEFF FISHER AND THE COACHES cut him. Fisher said it best after a practice in which the ball bounced off his face mask "NFL receivers just can't do that". I'll buy the injury messed up his mind, but any way you want to spell it- he is no longer playing for a reason. Many receivers return after injuries.

Please have you Homer-vision checked. You are seeing too much blue.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

8. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Personaly I always liked Jason Fisk he sured up the line, plus he was cool to the fans. I am not sure how much he has left in the tank. For the good of the team John Runyan, or Jevon Kearse.

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Do you even have to ask? Clearly the answer is Joe Salave'a

10. Morph

Morph Revolution

Whatever. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are to yours. I was simply pointing out that Calico WASN'T as bad of a receiver as some of you made him out to be.

Oh and cut the homer crap -- it only makes you look more idiotic.

Back to the topic of this thread...I would like to have Kevin Dyson and/or Carter & Kearse back. There's more I wouldn't mind seeing in the two tone blue again, but I don't have the time to make the list.:winker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar