If you could draft anyone this year who would it be???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDK I mean Gilbert has 4.3 speed, is over 6-feet tall, and looks the part.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'd buy Gilbert. I'd also rather see lockers replacement.

Jump off his nutz brave. Accept the fact the dude is glass and let's move on buddy.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Dennard > Gilbert

Lets not get wrapped up in combine numbers and height-weight-speed

I think both are good but Dennard should be the first corner off the board

4. JCBRAVE

What? No. Dennard has Verner's same lack of speed.

5. Carp

Carp Starter

Corner isn't a position of immediate need. A good pass rush can make practically any corner look good.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I agree with you, but you can't discount the fact that the Hawks had a pro bowl secondary that certainly helped their pass rush too. A shut down CB can change the way your defense plays.

If McCourty goes down our current nickle package would have Wilson, Sensabaugh, and Campbell as our 3 CBs. That is not a good plan. We can use an upgrade in talent. It doesn't have to come from the draft, but if somehow CB is BPA then you take him.

If Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, Clowney, Matthews, Robinson, Barr, Mack, and Watkins are all off the board before our pick then who do you take? I'd take Gilbert.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

He ran a 4.51 and he had a better vertical (36) and broad jump (11'2'') than Gilbert. Plus his tape is better.

Verner ran a 4.52 jumped 32 inches and only 9'8'' on the broad jump. He was not Dennard good in college either and judging measurablse was not nearly as explosive. Dennard does this an inch taller and 10 lbs heavier as well.

8. Carp

Carp Starter

I'd probably take Ebron/Evans/Clinton-Dix/Donald, or try to trade down. I would do any of those before taking Denard or Gilbert.

However, Gilbert/Denard wouldn't be a terrible pick either. I think any of the players listed above would be great to have. My preference is to trade down a couple spots and grab a 3rd rounder.. I doubt it'll shake down like that, but that would be my preference.

9. JCBRAVE

Do you know the difference in a 4.5 and a 4.3? Youre talking about 20-feet of separation. Most No.1 WRs now run well below 4.5 40's. Dennard is a fine CB but his game has a flaw. You cant draft guys like that at 11th overall. Thats why Verner wasnt a first day pick 4 years ago.

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Richard Sherman 4.54
    Joe Haden 4.57

Don't see them getting burned. Charles Tillman ran a 4.49 at the combine and is likely a future HOF. Logan Ryan lead rookies in int with 5 and ran a 4.56. Speed is great but it is hardly everything.

Dennard does the little things well. Gilbert still needs to learn the nuances of the position. Dennard is the most instinctive corner in this draft and plenty fast and explosive enough judging by his game tape and his numbers in the vertical and broad jump which surpass Gilbert's back that up. Gilbert has higher upside sure but that doesn't necessarily mean he will reach it. I think both will be good but Dennard is better imo.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar