If Vick is starting week 7 against the Titans... I will donate:

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by World Peace, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I love this sentiment that "well it's not like they were dogs, they were pitbulls". That's a truly pathetic outlook on a breed of canine that has gotten absolute s*** treatment due to media and public perceptions.

The myth is that Pits are inherently violent, aggressive animals, and it's simply not true. The reason they're chosen by humans to be used for fighting is because they were originally bred for bull baiting (bull-fighting), and American Pit Bulls (most common in American dog fighting) were used for catch dogs (i.e. catching wild cattle and hogs). These animals are some of the most physically dominant canine species, low natural penchant for attacking humans while remaining aggressive towards animals (again, when trained to), as well as a strong inherent instinct to please human masters. This makes for a very viable breed when someone wants an animal that will brutally attack other animals without turning on their handlers.

And if you want to dismiss animals that are used in dog fighting, why don't we just condone people using Akitas, Argentine Dogos, American bulldogs, or Mastifs to kill each other for sport. All common breeds you'd find in a ring.

I suggest educating yourselves before dismissing an entire breed of animal because they look scary and have a bad reputation thanks to the human beings.

• High Five High Five x 9
  2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I have a pit bull and he's a huge wuss.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Boy, where to start.. I suppose it would be best if you went back and learned the details involved with dog fighting ie: thievery of said "harmless, kind dogs" aka nearby household pets that are stolen, hobbled and used as live bait for fight training of these pit bulls. There's also the animal torture, inhumane killing of defeated or no-longer able to fight dogs etc. The list of inhumane torturous activity goes on and on and it doesn't matter one iota if it's a "killer pit bull" or a household puppy (though both ARE victims in dog-fighting circles).

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

These Vick/Dog-fighting threads always brings out loads of ignorant statements...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I invented the Internets!

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

No kidding man. My ex had a shih tzu and we'd bring her with us when we visited my parents house. Bailey, the pit at my moms house is such a big baby! The shihtzu would bark and scare the shihtz out of her! She'd go get up on sofa and curl up next to me because she didn't know what to think!

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's also much worse to me because he bankrolled the whole thing and set up a giant operation. If he's caught at a dog fight, that's one thing, but what they found is truly upsetting because of the amount of time, money, and thought that was put into it.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep he was the Roger Goddell of dog fighting

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

New Recently released documents from the Vick case:

"

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/22186207/detail.html

I've got a better idea.. Instead of putting him back in prison...
    [​IMG]

Also, if LP field wants to get fans riled up... After every Vick Sack.. how awesome would it be if they played this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uaPs8sxqB0

on the Titantron

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I've seen it before, why do so many "hood" people think dogfighting is no problem? People are idiots. they're like "it happens." So does murder in the bad parts of town. So it's alright, just because you're used to it?

I would like to see a chicken fight. Loser gets eaten. And the Winner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar