IF titans won SB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd be more worried about Kerry Collins, Keith Bulluck, and Kevin Mawae calling it quits =[

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

The thing that impresses me the most about Fish is every year he finds different ways to motivate his players and they always respond. Fisher is a players coach,he's played the game so he knows when to push the players and when to ease up on them. If the Titans did win the SB i think he would definitely come back and coach just for the fact that it wduld be a different challenge for him and would probably get the players motivated more then ever to try and repeat. I'm sure the players would want him to stay as well just because of the type of coach he is.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

He's sorta like Michael Jordan. Even if he feel it's time to leave, he loves the game too much to actually do it.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

everyone wanted Fisher to retire just 2 seasons ago.

lets no forget until last Season Vy wasnt to blame, it was Fisher. imo i think Fisher used VY failure to take the heat off his butt. VY had Chow fired Fisher was next.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I wouldn't.

Mawae is hanging it up after this season, we're going to lose Bulluck, and Kerry will play two more years tops. That's the reality.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Jeff Fisher was to blame for Alge Crumpler/LenDale fumbling, Bironas missing a field goal, Finnegan missing an easy pick (that resulted in a huge pickup by the Ravens and 3 points), and the refs missing a delay of game penalty?

I had no idea.

P.S. Chow was fired because he SUCKED.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm sorry to quote Batman here but:

"You Either Die a Hero or You Live Long Enough to See Yourself Become the Villain"

Tony dungy did it. If he would've retired after his SB win, fans would still be 100% in love with him. Look on Colts' boards a few months before he retired. They were ready for him to get out after not repeating for 2 years.

Shanahan should've quit as soon as Elway was done.

It's always a gamble. Everybody wants to be the Belichick as far as SB wins go, but it takes a lot of talent and luck for lightning to strike even twice here.

I think Fisher would be smart to go out as a hero. My take on it. If he goes out as the longest-tenured coach in the NFL, and SB champ, he would be golden.
    If we won a SB, and then had another stretch like 2004-06, it wouldn't be good for his legacy. Always go out on top. ask Kurt Cobain.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

im not talking about the playoff. VY not wanting to go back in the game saved Fisher's butt from another 8-8 season.

Fisher didnt want to draft VY and was looking for any reason to bench him and he finally got to do it. Bud Adams love for VY got Chow fired and would have gotten the heat on Fisher and Fisher knows this. Fisher is looking out for his own butt. Fisher saying Vy is still our future is just something he says to keep Bud Adams happy. I'm wondering how much time Bud Adams will wait before he wants to see VY back on the field.

Everyone thinks the whole VY not playing is Fisher control but it's not. Bud Adams wont let this go very long imo.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's the most non-retarded post you've had in quite some time.. But I would think even Bud has given up on VY at this point. If Bud REALLY wanted Vince on the field, he would be. Whoever controls the jobs and the pursestrings controls the entire franchise. Vince WAS his golden boy.

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Why would bud throw VY in when we were winning? I think that Bud allowed Fisher to bench VY , but then stood behind the whole "letting VY learn" process because KC was playing ok. So i think he is now gonna see how KC plays and if KC doesn't play above average in the first couple of games, then Bud will want VY in because if Vince isn't throwing int's then at least he can run around to complement his passes. So basically KC will need to play really well to keep VY off his :moon2:, and VY just needs to not throw int's and make a few good plays to stay in because we don't need a extraordinary passer to make playoffs, just some1 to make plays when we need them, and keep the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar