If the Titans are to trade for another player, it needs to be at CB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Chiefs had Kelce and Hill
    Seahawks had Lockett and metcalf
    Panthers had moore and Anderson

Bills were 33 yards away as well.

Really doesn’t say anything other than Tennessee primarily used 2 targets while other teams had more used since they still ranked 23rd in passing yards.

My argument isn’t that Jones wouldn’t help, he certainly would BUT based on how this offense runs, I see it as somewhat of a waste of cap space and talent because Jones will be under utilized.

2. HurrayTitans!

I think it’s from the #2 rush offense vs the #23 pass offense.

And at 48.2%, titans had the 3rd lowest % of passes.

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

That still isn’t the same argument that we “hardly ever pass” and a WR would be under-used. If Reynolds or Fitzpatrick fails to step up, AJ will be double teamed and we will quickly see how that negatively impacts our offense. I’m not saying Julio is the answer, but we have to keep defenses honest and an almost 50/50 ratio proves that we need to pass to succeed on a bigger stage. People are talking like our ratio is 70/30 and WR are ornaments and that just isn’t true.

4. HurrayTitans!

maybe it’s just the style of offense but if jones were here and ends the season as a 70 catch 1000 yard WR, he seems under utilized for the cost. With the 50/50 balance (which I like) those production numbers aren’t gonna go up unless Brown is cut out more.
    So another WR would be worthwhile to help out both Brown and Henry, I don’t think the money is well spent on Jones when the same production could be reached for cheaper.

All that said, I’m for spending every dollar available, even if it means cap trouble next year, for a SB victory this year. If Jones is that piece, do it.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Technically, who is going to take some pressure off Brown and Henry? Even if Jones had similar stats to Davis his presence improves everyone else on offense. Including Firkser. It also opens more opportunities for the RBs in the passing game.

As for the sky is falling and we need a CB we have used a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks on CBs. Borders was actually pretty decent considering (71 rating per PFF). So with Jenkins we have two guys who were drafted in round 1 and 2 on the outside and Molden is a natural for the slot (the 3rd CB on the roster isn't always the best guy for the slot). Hooker is also a better SS against the pass than Vaccaro. We will have Brown back as well and signed two guys to help the pass rush which will help everybody on the back end.

Thus, is you assume the worst (Fulton will suck, Farley won't be healthy, Molden will be lost as a rookie, Jenkins will suck) we are screwed anyway. How about we don't get Jones and AJ goes down with an injury? Then what? We are much stronger at CB with depth than we are at WR so the whole idea of spending more resources at CB is insane...

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

We were 30th in pass attempts per game last season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

No you are just interpreting it as 70/30 lol. No one has said anything close to that.

Titans are 30th out of 32 teams in pass attempts. That’s why I said we don’t pass much. Because compared to the rest of the league.. we don’t!

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Maybe we need to pass more?

I'll all for Julio, the price isn't great but what it would do to our already good offense would be fantastic
    Our pass rush was addressed, secondary too..D should be improved...let's go get a ring!

TITAN TF UP!!

9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Does Julio bring a ring here?

10. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Yes

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar