If the Titans are to trade for another player, it needs to be at CB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

OK, I guess being over 10 ratings points below Firkser per PFF for run blocking means he is better. Right. Monkeys playing with knives in people's heads again Ertz was the 96th rated TE in run blocking. That is horrible. Now Firkser had the exact SAME run blocking rating as Kittle and was the 7th overall rated TE in the NFL. But hey, Firkser isn't good enough to be our starting TE? NO damn way we are going to trade draft picks and pay $8 mil a year for Ertz. You do know he is under contract with the Eagles... right? What Ertz wants doesn't really matter.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I still think our TE group is good as it is.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I agree. Firk is certainly good enough to be a possession guy and red zone threat, especially since you gotta figure the defense will be focused elsewhere.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm sure JRob is looking less at finding someone to replace Firkser and more likely looking for better depth. That is what he did a few years ago when he found Pruitt. Pruitt was our best rated run blocker (ranked 10th overall in run blocker of all TEs) and is playing for $1 mil a year so I have no idea why he wasn't retained.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Smith only averaged 1 yard more per catch so it isn't like we are going from Randy Moss to Kendall Wright.

The two total misconceptions are as follows:

Firkser, can't block and anyone who doesn't have a serious neurological disorder is a better blocker (might add the misconception that Jonnu was a great blocker).

Firkser, slow white guy who can't make plays over 5 yards.

While he doesn't have the run after catch Jonnu has (very few TEs do) and he is not slow and catches virtually anything he can touch. He can also block as good as Jonnu and knows how to run great routes (possibly more dependable). In other words he is simply a pretty good player. Probably a better than average NFL TE. In fact he is good enough he can line up as a slot WR and be effective. We are fine.

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Overall I’m ok with the TE but I see room for improvement. An upgrade over Swaim as #2 is possible.
    Firkser as 1 is fine.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I don’t think this competitive team wants Richard Sherman.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Can Firkser be Frank Whycheck? If so we will be happy right?

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Look, this whole thread is all about a crappy negative perspective on Farley and the CB situation. Gee, we ignored the dumb idea of trading for a CB and traded for one of the most dominant WRs of all time with plenty of tread on the tires. At worst Farley misses all season because of his back recovery (highly doubtful or we would not have drafted him) and Fulton (our 2nd round pick the previous season) has to start across from Jenkins.

But here is the reality.
    Farley is 6'2, 207 pounds and runs in the 4.3s (ahh that is freaky). Plus, he has great ball skills with long arms and the ability to flip his hips with the best of them. In other words the guy is a physical freak and generational talent. Like Henry, Julio and AJ. Yes there is always that unknown element involving injury but with Farley and Julio both on the field we are one of the best football teams in the NFL with the other guys we have.

So congrats to JRob for having the man parts to go after this thing. Not to mention our OL with Lewan back, and eventually having a promising rookie on the field at RT we might have one of the best OLs in the league (Jones is a top 5 C and Nate Davis is one of the best run blocking OGs). And yes, when we put Autrey, Dupree, Simmons and Landry out there we also have one of the better DLs as well.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar