If the Jets trade up for Matt..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Greenlawler, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Well if the nightmare scenario comes to fruition and the Jets swap up with the Saints for a shot at Matt. The concensus at three has been we will take Cutler or Young. Now is it just me or does this Cutler thing sound getting a little out of hand? I'm a life long Commodore fan, but Cutler at three? I think he drops. Not Aaron Rogers drops but a Big Ben drop down to at least the Raiders. On the other hand one of the hot topics now is that Vince will also drop. Mario is the flavor of the week so what would we do?

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I think we've got at least 4 more flavors of the week to go before even the media could make an educated guess, and "media educated guess" is somewhat of an oxymoron in itself.

Larry Stone said it himself in today's GoTitans.com front page article and I couldn't agree more, " ...none of us have any sense of how they evaluate these guys and what they truly like."

I like to speculate as much as the next fan, and I also really really want to know what the pick is right now, but the unfortunate truth is that speculating more than a month before the draft is pretty futile.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It sure feels that way.:smile:

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

They won't...

Because they don't need to. They might get lienart with the 4th pick.

For some time there we had this mentality that suggested lineart and young would go two and three or vice versa. Seemed in the bank but not only are there now more questions about these guys so many other stud players have emerged. Mario williams blew the combine up! Vernon davis has been awesome. Dbrick has not budged. This kid from hawaii looks like one of the better DT prospects to come out in a while.

You simply cannot ignore the other prospects on the board. There are some serious studs in this draft. I'm almost willing to go so far as to say that lienart, young and cutler don't even belong in the top 5! Maybe mike mayock has it right aside from his obvious illogical love for jay cutler. He ranks young and lineart 9th and tenth.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Either way a #10 QB is going to draft higher than a #5 LB most of the time. The main key to where QBs go is what teams are looking for one. If the Jets are truly in the market for a QB, along with the Titans I bet two QBs are off the board by pick #5.

I also like how you agree with Mayock but then say he is illogical. IMO Cutler could be ranked higher than the other two on some teams boards. It isn't illogical at all IMO.

6. metal957

metal957 Starter

Sorry to tell you RollTide but after the show Vince Young put up today at his Pro Day Vince will now be taken higher and hopefully by us.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Metal...

Why are you sorry? I want vince to knock the scounts on their butts. I want him to be a compelling pick. Better than some vandy guy with a ringo haircut.

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

If the Jets trade up and take Leinart, we take who was meant for us Young.

9. titan west

titan west Guest

so the jets get the guy with the ringo cut?;)

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I almost wish we didn't have this QB mess to solve -- it would be so nice to just take D'Brickashaw and know for certain you got the right player without (much) question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar