If the draft were today....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bobo, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Thanks. I like being ridiculous.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Trying to project ahead on how teams are going to finish is hard, but the Titans certainly do have one of the toughest remaining schedules because they don't play a home game against a bad team. They play 2 road games against bad teams in the Bills and Texans. The Skins are the only other team that doesn't have a home game against a bad team.

We could easily just win 2 more games and if that happens then looking back at past drafts usually only 4 teams have 4 or fewer wins. Last yr was a major exception when 7 teams had 4 or fewer wins.

3. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

If we do indeed end up picking in the 6-10 range, a guy to look out for, if he declares, is Alan Branch, but probably only if we decide to not bring Al back next year. Branch is 6'6, 330 lbs, is extremely strong, and has the athleticism to penetrate. And, unlike Big Al, he's not a headcase and has a high energy motor.

Like I said though, I'd only go after him if Albert isn't back next year. If he is, I'd obviously look at CJ and Gaines as my top 2 candidates.

Btw, Darrelle Revis is going to be the best corner in this class when all is said and done. Remember who said that when I'm right :))

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If AH is gone then I have no problem taking Branch, but I'd much prefer a true game changer which is very rare from the DT position.

5. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Fact is, our defense is soft up the middle, where it needs to be the strongest. Randy Starks has not shown that he can hold up against the run, and while Robaire is ok, he's not a stuffer. I posted this in another forum, but I wouldn't mind nabbing Branch and keeping AH as well.

Why not take the Jaguars approach? Get two massive, dominant DT's to clog up the middle, and let Tulloch (or any other MLB we get for that matter) be a sideline-to-sideline MLB, cut in the mold of Mike Peterson. Our defense needs to be built up to stop the run, or we're never going anywhere. I don't actually think this scenario will happen, but it's something I'd look at.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:thumb:

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I agree completely Pitbull. However, we might keep AH at a cheap price and restock the Dline through FA. Maybe snatch a CB off the FA market. That would allow us to draft a true #1 wide reciever in the first and from there address MLB, OG, C and defensive depth. Probably won't happen, but it's an idea.

8. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Wow, according to the above link Bobo provided, the Titans seem to have the toughest schedule out of any NFL team so far. Talk about getting shafted.

9. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

After 10 games the Titans would draft 8th.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I believe our opponents strength of schedule is the toughest right now, and has a good chance of being that way at the end of the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar