If RGIII is Cleveland's guy, do they trade with us...?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

See, I don't have cling to popular opinion like a sheep. Unlike you, I don't have a herd mentality. Just because popular opinion is to bad mouth and denigrate RGIII, he has proven in the past that he CAN be a franchise QB, in the right system. Gruden's sytem wasn't one of those. They wanted to force him to be strictly a pocket passer, and that has never been his game. Same thing with Kaepernick. Harbaugh used Kap's strengths and didn't try to force a square peg in a round hole. Last season, SF tried to force him to be a pocket passer and it didn't work out.

It's no different than DeMarco Murray going to the Eagles, when he's not a fit for that style of running game. Titan's fans aren't bashing Murray and calling him a backup and a scrub...because he played like one last year. They see potential based on what he has done in the past. Same thing I see with RGIII and Hugh Jackson. Jackson gushed about Griffin, and you don't do that...nor do you offer a 2yr contract worth as much as $22mill....if he is just a placeholder.

Despite your OPINION...and that is all it is....Griffin is being given a chance to prove he can be a franchise QB again. He CANNOT do that if Cleveland drafts a QB at No.2. It's like instead of you being fired at your work, you get reassigned to another department, under a manager who is excited to have you on his team. What then would it say to you, to have to train your replacement, hired a month later...without ever being told you were in fact being replaced?

It is my opinion...you have yours, and I have mine...that Cleveland will legitimately TRY to give Griffin a fair shot to not only start, but prove to be their franchise QB of the future. They know they can still get a QB like Connor Cook at the top of the 2nd Rd or take someone with potential, at the top of the 3rd....like Hogan or Dak Prescott. When you take a QB there, you can afford to be patient with them. But the bottom line is this...NFL TEAMS EXPECT PLAYERS TAKEN IN THE TOP 5 TO START RIGHT AWAY....period. Them taking a QB there and sitting him makes no sense. Before you start using the Aaron Rodgers example, let me remind you...he was taken later in the 1st Rd...not in the Top 5. There is a MASSIVE difference in expectations between the top of the 1st and the bottom.

#11 TitanUpB4UGO, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

A) images (3).jpg

B) I don't care who the Browns decide to start at QB; NFL teams do not move up 1 pick in the draft. That is why your thread sucks.

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Cleveland is so bad at QB and has been for years, they are taking the approach of crowding the roster and one will rise to the top. I believe they will draft a QB at number 2 unless a trade occurs to change their minds. But I think it is clear based on the contract RGIII got, they do not view him as the absolute answer. If it turns out he is, then bully for them and they got a good deal, it it turns out otherwise, then they will have hedged their bet.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

No. Bad because your thread is absolutely retarded. No way the Browns are trading up to #1, and especially not for Tunsil. Only way would be if they were concerned about someone behind them trading with us and taking the QB they want. Why would they trade a second rounder, to move up one spot to take a LT who could very well still be there at #2?

This is a terrible thread. Which seems par for the course with threads you make....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't think it is unreasonable to think that Cleveland might pass on a QB at #2.

However, it would be asinine for them to trade from #2 to #1 to take an non-QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I've already accepted the fact that we likely aren't trading the first pick. It is a rarity to begin with always

7. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I explained already that there is a decent gap between Tunsil and Stanley. If Cleveland really wanted Tunsil, they could just part with their 2nd Rd pick to get him. Otherwise they would have to take Stanley at #2 when that is a reach for him there. They'd have to settle for a 2nd tier OT if they waited until the 2nd Rd...as most of the starting caliber OT's would be gone in the 1st. That's how it usually works.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I explained it already, and there are all kinds of trades made, so you don't know chit. After all you are delusional enough to believe we are going to take a DB at No.1 overall, when our most glaring need, by far, is RT. Take you stupid opinion, then and get the F out of my thread, then.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  9. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Not if they NEED an OT as bad as we do, and the best one to come out of college in the past 3-4yrs is ours unless they trade. Again, Stanley is the closest one to Tunsil and he is projected to be taken around pick 10 or so. If they use their No.2 on Stanley it will be quite a reach. Some of the draftnicks have said SD should entertain a trade with us to get an OT for Rivers, for the same reason.

Cleveland lost a quality RT in Schwartz, to FA, so they need to get someone who can start and protect RGIII. It's a matter of how bad they want Tunsil. Each of the first 3 picks NEED a starting OT in the worst way.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Really rare actually

Few weeks ago I looked at the last 25 drafts, only once did the #1 team straight up trade out. There have been some trades after the fact but not much going on with the #1 pick before the draft..

The #2 pick has more trade value

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar