If Pollard And The Defense Have A Good Season Would He Be Open To Staying Long Term?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If Pollard And The Defense Have A Good Season Would He Be Open To Staying Long Term?

The reason i ask this is because now that we have Gregg Williams back our defense will regain an identity once again as playing physical and making plays.Of course Bernard Pollard will be one of the best players we have on the defense especially in terms of putting fear into the opposition.Pollard will also be vocal about getting players on the defense to lay punishing hits and lay the wood just like he does and this will be a good thing for the rookies and younger players to learn.The only thing about Pollard is up until now he has been known as a journeyman type that goes from team to team usually only playing a year or two at each place.Maybe he would be ready to lay down some roots here and stay.Pollards style of play is exactly what this defense needs for the long haul.We want to gain an identity once again as being a hard hitting physical defense.We want to be feared and having Pollard definitely helps our cause.

I think if we have a good year we could see Gregg Williams here a while to anchor the defense and having Pollard around would definitely help give the defense an identity.The only thing i fear about him leaving after one year is i don't want us to lose that punishing brand of defense he is known for.I think if he has a good season it would be a good idea to maybe offer him a longer contract.Anyone agree that if we have a good year on defense that the team should offer to bring him back? I also think his way of playing is going to rub off on the other players which will be a good thing.Players like Zach Brown,Akeem Ayers and even Derrick Morgan will all be much more physical as well.I could see us being a top ten defense.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I really think we drafted Daimion Stafford to learn from Pollard since they both have very similar skill sets and eventually take over for him

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Something about this kid strikes me as a future hall of going the F to jail for being an idioooot in about a year or two maaaax.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

If things go well and we pay him, I see no reason why Pollard wouldn't stay.

I'm not high on Stafford at all. Unless he "gets injured", I don't think he makes the team.

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

How when he has no know character concerns

6. Clark

That's just how he strikes me. His interviews and stuff that I've seen just seem like a F'up. I don't have anything to base it on. Just a hunch. Maybe I'm stereotyping him but whatever, he just comes off like someone that's gonna screw it up.

7. Clark

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

You mean like Kenny Britt?

I don't know anything about his character, but I just get the sense that he is a punk/hot head and not very good at football.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Oh, and I want the guy to succeed. I just don't expect anything from him. I think if someone steps up out of nowhere, it is going to be Markelle Martin.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He'll stay... if we pay him.

It's all about the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar