If Peyton Manning doesn't sign

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MDTitansFan, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Choke a b**ch!

Just kidding, I'll just tell her to make me a sammich.

2. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

I'd love to see what the Denver fans will do if they dont get Manning, they have a 17,500 post thread about him, and are so sure hes going there. would be awesome to bust their bubbles.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

If Peyton doesn't come to TN I will cry ... of happiness. Yeah, it sucks that we missed out on some guys, but lets stop this madness before it gets any worse. If we sign Peyton, we will be missing out on a TON more people than what we already have. And if our FO keeps going after some of the top guys every year, we will be bound to get some eventually. Thanks to Bud and Manning though, we will probably have to wait til next years FA, and that is if he doesn't sign. If he does sign, we are screwing this team up for years to come. We will be in rebuilding again mode in about 2 years. I'm sick of rebuilding

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

You're right that it was a bad idea for Bud to say that publicly. You're also right about Peyton. in fact, I think Peyton is going out of his way to help the teams he's considering signing with. He won't let any team sign him without seeing him throw the ball, and he won't let any team sign him without protection against recurring problems with his neck/nerve regeneration built into the contract. I for one appreciate that. I also can't blame Bud for wanting this VERY bad. It has certainly made for a frustrating situation for us Titans fans with Amano still possibly our starting center. I really think things will work out in the end of this, and we will be a better team than last season with or without Peyton. As difficult as it is right now, we need to show some patience.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

If we get Peyton and Amano is our C, you can expect PM to get hit quite often and possibly ending his playing career during his first season with us. Amano gets blown off the line at the snap and pushed all over the place.

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

This is a concern i think we all share. I am all for moving harris back to center rather than letting Amano get blown up at the snap every other play. Let's not forget how well Harris played when he started at center in the Ravens playoff game in January of 2009. That game alone>>>>>>>>>>Amano's career at center!

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

The thing that bothers me the most is, it's not like we didn't desperately need a center regardless of who is taking the snaps. Wells is very good, but on the downside of his career, perhaps he as three good years left. It's not like he took Myers money to sign, we should have went after him pretty aggressively either way. I mean he went to play for the RAMS for gods sake, so don't tell me he wouldn't have rather played for our franchise. We really blew it, the only two centers worth signing are gone and, as far as I know, Amano is still our starting center. :( I do love David Molk and Phillip Blake in the draft, but I hesitate to assume that any rookie can just jump in and make a positive impact. I know rookies have fared well before, especially our draft class from last year, but the odds are still high that a rookie center will not have the impact of a solid vet.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Amano didn't do that bad in pass blocking situations last season....

It's run blocking that he was terrible.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Terrible? You're giving him too much credit. He was horrorawful!

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm sure someone else has already pointed this out. But I just saw the video pre-Peyton workout with the Broncos and noticed that the dude is wearing straight up Titan colors. Dark blue shorts with a light blue t-shirt. Not quite Columbia Blue but close enough. :ha:

(I know this means nothing but I found it amusing)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar