"If" one of the top 3 QBs fell

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Feb 7, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Cerebral... I would actually say out of all the qbs, he gm has that more so comparably.

You could say JohnnyOVO has it... But so did VY at times. Dual threat qbs tend to find that success early but fade out

2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

My body is ready

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio is "hearing more talk" in league circles that the draft stock of this year's top-rated quarterbacks is "dropping."
    SI's Peter King added fuel to this fire in his MMQB column, stating the Texans, Browns, Jaguars, and Raiders are all "strongly considering" passing on signal callers at the top of the draft, "and waiting until their second or third selections." Both Florio and King are anticipating a second-day run on quarterbacks. We still expect Blake Bortles and Johnny Manziel to be first-round picks, but Teddy Bridgewater is a candidate to slide to day two, where Derek Carr, Zach Mettenberger, Tom Savage, Jimmy Garoppolo, and A.J. McCarron may also go.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I think QB's are going early. Hogwash. Smoke screening and bluffing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I agree.. I think Johnny will "wow" quicker, because he'll make more highlight plays. But I do think Bridgewater is most NFL ready.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I just don't see it in Bridgewater. Never have. If you compare him and Locker the only advantage he gives you is that he's more accurate. Not nearly as athletic as Jake, doesn't have the arm strength of Jake, and I would argue Jake is a much better leader on and off the field. Bridewater seems timid to me.

I know we are all tired of the QB situation hanging over us, but wouldn't you rather have a sure thing taken at #11 than another risk at QB? If we are wrong on the QB again, we will be back here in 3 years having this same conversation, and we would be known as "that team that's missed on 3, 1st round QBs in the last 10 years." At least if Jake gets hurt again and/or sucks, we can pick a QB next year with a MUCH better crop of talent at the position.

6. Clark

Projecting talent to "next years crop" is damn near impossible. Just a little FYI. If you want a direct example... Tahj Boyd.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Many people on this very board were ready to tank the season to take Teddy #1 overall. Now many of them don't know if they want him at #11 or in the 1st round at all. Can't try to project talent.

8. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

I've never even seen Bortles make a single pass, but this guy seems like a QB

9. Clark

Basically every possibly draftable qb can analyze and run the board.

10. DaCost

DaCost Starter

I don't really this draft class at all.But we need a QB we are not going anywhere with Jake.

Bridgewater is my favorite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar