If Munchak is out, it shouldn't be today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

point well taken

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I have been suffering for 11 out of the last 17 years....just saying.

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Sometimes I get the feeling that people on this site wants change for just for the sake of change. Many don't even care who the replacement is, they just want Munch out. We're one good draft away from being contenders and though the record sucks I believe Munch has improved since last season and will continue to do so. The players like him and continuity is important. Remember that having the next head coach suck as bad or worse is just as likely as getting one that actually makes a big difference.

People love to point out the success Andy Reid has had in KC but here are a few other names Doug Marrone (4-9), Gus Bradley (4-9), Rob Chudzinski (4-9), Mike McCoy (4-9), Dennis Allen (4-9), Marc Trestman (6-6). This list would be much bigger if I added second year guys like Schiano but in the interest of fairness I kept them off.These are all first year head coches who have failed much worse than Munch did in his first season. Aside from Reid and Chip Kelley I can't think of any first year head coaches that have successfully made their teams significantly better and for Kelly it took Nick Foles emerging out of nowhere and only getting the start due to injury.

As far as Reid goes every one and their mother knew that the 2012 Chiefs had tons of talent and they should since they've been picking very early in the draft for nearly a decade. They sent 6 players to the pro bowl in 2012, 6! The Tennessee Titans sent 0. If you take the homer glasses off for a second you'd see that our talent level is much closer to the Browns than the Chiefs and that Munch is indeed making lemons out of lemonade all while trying to grow into the HC position.

TLDR; we have an under talented roster and a 2/8 chance of picking up a coach that will actually make a difference next season, Oh yeah and we desperately need a franchise QB, not like those are rare or anything. Yeah fire Munch, it's not like things could possibly get worse right....?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

If Mizzou can do that to the Auburn D I can't imagine what the HEISMAN WINNER WILL DO.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

"Change for the sake of change"??? Munch has had the job 3 years and....
    - 3 years of no playoffs
    - 3 years losing to the worst team in the league
    - a 4-12 record within the division

This is absolutely, positively NOT "change for the sake of change". Munch has done NOTHING 3 years in to warrant keeping his job.

How on earth could you possibly know that? Just because they aren't coming out and publicly slamming the guy? Yeah, that pretty much never happens. Even Tampa's players aren't coming out and saying they hate Schiano, even though we all know that's most likely the case.

I definitely disagree that there's a only a 2/8 (1/4) chance of picking up a coach that will make a difference. I don't disagree that we desperately need a franchise QB though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

My analysis isn't very scientific I'll grant you that, but based on what I've seen this season I doubt our chances are much better than what I stated and definitely not the slam dunk some on this site believe it will be. It wouldn't be crazy for me to say that rookie head coaches rarely succeed in the NFL.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I definitely don't think a "slam dunk" hire is easy to come by. Still, if the guy you have just isn't getting it done you at least gotta try something different IMO. I just don't see the point in wasting anymore time than you already have on someone who has shown NOTHING to warrant retaining the job. It does nothing but delays everything. And it wastes yet even more years of our young talented players careers.

8. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

Looks like both shanahans will be fired before the end of the season so we need to hurry if either is on our radar.

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

can you hire a guy now??? and have him coach this year? like if Houston hires lovie will he be on the sidelines next week haha thatd be funny

10. CaptainInsano02

CaptainInsano02 Starter

There's one word for why Munchak needs to go: PROFESSIONALISM! He harped on this the day he took the job, I will never forget what the fat man said about being a PROFESSIONAL. And look where we are now all you Munch supporters...it's not about LUCK, it's not about PLAYCALLING, it's not even about the PLAYERS, it's COACHING the players to do the FUNDAMENTALS right! So let's take a look at all of the fundamentals...let's see oh yeah we probably lead the league in penalties again this year, oh yeah we still don't know how to be clutch when it comes to turnovers (besides that 4 game stretch), oh and we still have people pointing fingers at the refs, other players, etc!!...soooo whose fault is that guys?!!!

These were things Fisher was known for as well...WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP AND WHEN HAVE WE HAD ENOUGH AS FANS?!!! WHEN?!! Stop accepting this!

(Speech over)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar