IF Munch is back, what coaching changes do you expect?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No clue, depends on who is on the draft board. I dont evaluate college talent and have no clue who is good. I dont want ot reach and take someone just for the hell of it, but if we dont look at it seriously this year, we are going to do exactly that next season if we find out Locker isnt the guy

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

OC: Gary Kubiak
    DC: Greg Williams

A coordinator position with this team could be very attractive for the fact that they know Munchak is playoffs or done next year. If we do terrible they have a chance to take over after Munchak is fired, if we do good the coordinator would likely get the credit and move on to a head coach gig somewhere (Jim Schwartz)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I think it starts with the defensive coordinator but I think Loggsins stays.

We get new LB, RB, and OL coaches. Yep he is forced to fire his friend. I think that's the big hang up right now. Munch has to decide if he will be loyaly or the coach of the titans in 2014

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No way the Titans change OC if Munch stays. You don't handcuff Locker by having to learn another system.

I would not be shocked to see Gray and Williams kept in their current roles.

It's very possible no changes are made to the staff.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I totally agree with this thinking here. I'd expand on that same thinking to say that Munchak could make a case for these guys as the type of staff he would have gotten had he not been limited by the lockout in his first year.

OC: Norv Turner
    DC: Wade Phillips

6. davidc502

davidc502 Starter

If Munch is back for his last year, it's going to be a lame-duck season. No top name coordinators are going to sign with the Titans with one season left on Munch's contract.

I fully expect that if after 8 games in next year's season is gone, and they aren't winning, this team will fully implode to the lowest levels never seen before.

It's going to be very risky for Smith to retain Munch for a last season. If Munch isn't able to turn this team around, then the setback, financially, may be temporarily devastating.

So any changes will be within the organization unless they are able to lure a no-name coordinator willing to take a chance for 1 year.

High stakes gambling for Smith to keep Munchak for his last year.

Best of luck for Titans fans.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

People keep saying this but I disagree those top coordinators can look at this as a great chance to become a head coach after one season as coordinator

8. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

If he comes back for next season no coaching changes will be made. Unless they give him an extension which would suck!!

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

We have plenty of options now:

OC: Gary Kubiak/ Norv Turner
    DC: Greg Williams/Wade Phillips

Get new Special teams and LB coaches.

TitanJeff A new OC is not a problem imo. Munch is in a very similar situation as Rex Ryan was last year. I really think Munch would consider a new QB to draft this year. In which case, Locker either gets the new scheme or the rookie does. Either way its a win win for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar