If I were Philly I would make a deal with the Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Bob McNair has made it very well known that he wants to get a real QB. Hoyer and the other guys on the roster are not the answer.

If I were Philly I would tag Sam Bradford and then trade him for a mother load of picks from the Texans.

You could probably get McNair to give up a 1st and 2nd this year and then next years 1st plus make him throw in Hoyer.

So you don't have to pay Bradford silly tag money and you get a bunch of picks to help you rebuild and find the QB that you really want to ride with long term.

I would not put all my eggs in the Sam Bradford basket, but the Texans are in such need of a QB right now that they probably would.

The Texans really screwed up not going QB when they had the top pick in the draft.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 5
    • Troll Troll x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Nobody thinks Bradford is worth half of what you're suggesting.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

anything above a 4th round pick would be a disgusting trade for Bradford.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Probably not, but if you want a starting QB you are going to have to give up a bunch. The Texans have no power in the negotiations which usually means you get screwed in the deal.

Maybe the Texans try to pry Brees and his huge contract away from the Saints.

I just feel that Mcnair doesn't want to wait on a rookie 1st rnd QB to develop. He wants a real QB now.

In free agency you have Fitzpatrick and RG3....not sure either is the answer

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Wouldn't surprise me if they kick the tires on Manziel. Let him "manage" rather than make plays. Plenty of other journeyman if they need to win now.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

lets rattle off QB needy teams.

Browns
    Rams
    Texans
    Jets?
    Eagles?
    Cowboys?
    Niners?

3 teams in major need of an upgrade at QB, and 4 more with questions surrounding their current QB's.

Houston picks 22nd so unless they acquire Brock Osweiler somehow in FA they probably should be looking to move up from 22nd.. But Bradford is not their answer.. If they trade with Philly it should be for that 13th overall so Houston can get a QB that way..

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah that's an absolutely absurd valuation for Bradford.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd rather just take whichever QB falls if I'm the Texans.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

But if they don't want a rookie then they are going to have to way overpay for a QB

If Philly wanted to bait someone into trading for Bradford then they could put the non-exclusive franchise tag on him. This sets the value as 2 1st rnders if a team just wants to sign him.

The supply and demand is not good if you need a QB.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Two firsts for a franchise tagged Bradford????? Mett should get like 7 firsts then

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar