If Cowher leaves will Fisher be the Steelers main target for his replacement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Aug 14, 2006.

?
  1. Yes the Steeler's would target him

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. No we have nothing to worry about

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Yes we want him longterm no matter what

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  4. No we don't want him longterm anyway

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The media are speculating that this will be Bill Cowher's last season in charge of the Steelers. Jerome Bettis added his fuel to the fire over the weekend.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/08/13/morning/3.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2548813

With Jeff Fisher in the last year of his current contract I am a little concerned that we need to extend his contract ASAP. 2007 is an option year on his current deal but that doesn't squat, we could lose his services & receive little by way of compensation.

I don't mean to be negative & I know my own thoughts are speculative but I just wondered what the rest of you guys think on this.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'll be subtle but to the point

If Cowher retires / resigns
    and Jeff is unemployed.....
    then ,yes, i feel Pitt would inquire about his services

I like Fish right where he is though
    I don't like the thought of getting aquainted to a new coach / system

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'm not sure if Pittsburgh would inqure about his services. But, oddly enough, he coaches the same style of football the play. :suspect:

Hmm? :hmm:

And, one of the biggest mistakes this organization ever made was firing Bum Phillips. It took a long time to recover from that one.

Time for us to lock Jeff up long term.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why not ?

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Because I'm not in the inner circles of the Steelers organization.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't think we need to lock up Fisher until we see how this season plays out.
    If there's still no team chemistry and players are quitting, then it would seem Fishers time here should end.

Sometimes, even a good coach becomes played out in one place and needs to move on. Doesn't mean he's not a good coach, just that he becomes stagnant for whatever reason and everyone needs a change.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I can't see how too many players on this team would quit on him.

We've got a lot of new (first or second year) players on the roster. And, the key veterans on the team are players that were just brought in as FA's this past off-season. So, his will be a fresh voice to them. And, the other veterans who may have tuned him out over the last year or two will probably be among those who will be replaced by other players or draft picks in the off-season, anyway.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I agree Moose, I'm just supposing.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, any team would be crazy to not at least consider Jeff a candidate for an open HC job (imo). especially an organization accustomed to longevity

10. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

i believe thats why they kept wisenhunt from the raiders this offseason. i see him as the next coach. soon too. cowher has a new home in nc and college age daughters. good time for atleast a break

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar