If Cordarrelle Patterson is there at 10...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RockyTop Fox, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

He would be hard to pass up at 10, even though we have other needs. He'll probably be the BPA after the first couple of picks. The way I see it, if he stayed for another year at Tennessee, it's safe to say he would have a great year barring injury. So this time next year, CP would be the consensus #1 WR, and easily a top ten pick. So he is THAT player anyway.

So why not take the man at 10? As much as I want Warmack, there is enough depth at OL and guard specifically to get a good one early in the second round. I don't see the D-Line as much of a need as a lot of people do. Casey and Wimbley are getting really good, and we have a lot of talented young guys like Klug, and hopefully Morgen will start living up to his draft stock. DBs are a huge need, but hey, we can't address everything in one draft.

Drafting CP at 10 gives us an incredible and versatile playmaker, as well a target for Locker. Get the ball in his hands and he will make plays.. whether it be on end-arounds, or tosses, or even WR passes. Locker, CJ, Healthy Britt, Wright in the slot, and Cook could make for a nasty O! I'm not saying we absolutely need to go out and draft the man, I just want to hear some opinions on it.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd be beyond pissed if we took him. Nothing against him, but we just took WR last year plus we have KB and Washington. We have MUCH bigger fish to fry. Plus Patterson seems like a risk that high anyway. I'll be honest, I don't follow college as closely as many here. But everything I've heard seems to be that he's not that smart and is extremely "raw" (doesn't know many routes, etc). Again, that's secondhand information so perhaps it's wrong. But I've heard it a few different places.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

No. No. No. No. He's a bigger ? Mark than Ansah. Not a chance.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

If he is the BPA on our board you take him. How do you justify passing on him if he turns into Andre Johnson and Warmack turns into an above average guard.

Obviously a hypothetical situation but if he is the BPA on our board you take him especially in round 1. Don't reach with your first pick. I heard a story where Dallas passed on McCoy even though he was the top player on their board to fill a need and the guy they picked was a scrub. You think they regret that? Hell yeah they do him and Tony would be pretty dangerous.

This is not me being pro patterson by the way although I think he is intriguing. I'm just being realistic as none of us know how the Titans board looks and it will probably surprise judging from past exp. with Ruston in charge.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Klug was practically invisible last year, aside from the second Indy game. And I don't think Morgan is ever going to be more than above-average. He's not a game-changer. We need a game-changer on the DL. As we've seen with Kearse and Haynesworth, it can create a ripple effect throughout the entire defense.

Whether a guy with that kind of potential will even be available when we pick remains to be seen.

That's true. But why pass up a greater area of need (DB/OL) for a much lesser one (WR)? If there wasn't the UT connection would you honestly still want him at 10?

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

No way. No WR in the 1st!

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh definitely. I'm a big advocate of taking BPA. I just don't believe he's 10th or better on our board. Pure speculation on my part of course. But I don't see it. We'll see what happens.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Matt Millen thinks it is a great idea

[​IMG]

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Luckily he won't be there for our dumbazz FO to even consider him.

He has to get by the Raiders, Lions, Browns, Bills, and Jets. Ain't happening.

I think he has a ton of potential, but as I've said before... he's not even worth a 1st round pick, but he will be the biggest reach of the draft and be gone by #9.

Hate to keep repeating this, but I honestly think the Raiders are going to take him... it would be such a classic Oakland move.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Honestly, it isn't the worst idea for them this year if they do well in FA.

They desperately need another WR to pair up with Megatron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar