If CJ gets 2000...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Explain to me how this question is stupid. CJ is an amazing football player and an even more amazing athlete. My only concern is the wear and tear on his body that could be saved by splitting carries. At 200lbs he is leading the league in carries and also has 47 receptions. A decline in his performance may not be apparent for a few years but eventually the carries will catch up to him..

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

Do you all realize that if CJ gets 2000 yards the Titans will be the first team with a 2000 yard rusher that failed to have a winning record? Pathetic.

3. sincewarrenmoon

sincewarrenmoon Camp Fodder

If he maintains his speed and ability to avoid hits, he'll be hot for years to come. Barry Sanders survived for years largely by juking defenders and avoiding a lot of devastating hits. CJ definitely has the same elusive abilities with his speed and build.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's a stat i'm sure we will all remember...

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Let me know if this limb I'm about to go out on is too weak to support this; but I think C.J. will flirt with 3,000 rushing yards in a year or two. We know he's only going to improve going forwards. I think he may be able to do this because it would take 188 a game from him to do so. And since Vince has taken over, C.J.'s touches have gone up a lot. Enough so that I can see him running for 130 each week with a 5.5 YPC AVG, then throw in one or two big runs a game and he's at 188. If the Vikings say A.P. can hit 3,000, then C.J. can.

6. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

3,000 rushing yards in one season will NEVER happen..

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's not just a limb, you're in Wile E. Coyote territory where he realised he just run off a cliff.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar