If a shutout can bode well...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>INDIANAPOLIS -- If there is a silver lining to getting shutout for the Titans, here it is: The team hasn't been shutout since 1999, and it went to the Super Bowl that season.</p> <p>Miami beat Tennessee in Florida on Nov. 7, 1999, 17-0.</p> <p>The Titans finished that season 13-3 -- just like finished this one after the 23-0 loss to the Colts. And their 1999 season didn't end until they lost to St. Louis in the first Super Bowl appearance in franchise history.</p> <p>One other little thing I just noticed: The song played over the speakers at Lucas Oil Stadium during the 2-minute warning break was "Use Somebody," by Murfreesboro, Tennessee's own Kings of Leon.</p>

More...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I hate that song...actually I hate that band.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Just more rubbing it in our faces by the Colts....

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If the Colts want to brag about backups, they are more insecure then I thought.

They'll lose next week anyway.

5. SteveH

SteveH Starter

if we're looking at precedents then I think we should be a lot more worried about the idea of the Ravens coming in to LP -
    today meant nothing but it would have been good to see something out of the offense

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Even if we won today 4000 - 0 I'd still be worried about the Ravens coming in. We always play horrible against them.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

^^^THIS!!!

I think I saw backups in on defense during their second drive. Collins was only in on the first drive.
    It was obvious we were treating this as a practice/exhibition/preseason game.
    I guess indy just didn't want to get swept. Haha.

8. SteveH

SteveH Starter

Yep. I'm just waiting for Big Ray to start all the talk again.
    Now 4000-zip against his lot would be good

9. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

the colts had their backups in early. freeney and mathis didnt even suit up.

what is your point?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The game was a farce is my point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar