Idea: Demote Robiskie to WR coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

I thought that too.

But only 4 teams in the league have a better record than the 10-4 Jaguars. So I wouldn't call it easy. Easy if the Jags were like they have been the past however many years.

2. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

The problem is, when they put him in as a pocket passer, too many times they only give him 2 or 3 receiving options. Defenses adjusted over the offseason to what Tennessee did in 2016. They drop more into coverage so that it's 2 or 3 on 7.

That's why Mariota has been pressured the least in the league. Teams figured out the offensive scheme and have learned to gameplan. They drop more into coverage because they know Tennessee runs the least 3+ receiver sets in the league. Over half of their plays feature 2, or even only 1 WR.

Just for comparison, Tennessee ran the most 3+ receiver sets against the 49ers all season long, with Matthews, Decker and Davis ALL playing 80+% of snaps. Mariota had his best passer rating of the season.

Against Arizona, NONE of Tennessee's top 3 receivers even eclipsed playing 80% of offensive snaps, and Mariota had one of his worst games. Over half of Tennessee's plays feature 2 or 3 TE sets

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

It doesn't matter how many receivers there are, most of the plays are absolute garbage.

On 2nd and 14 in the last game, we ran a 4 WR set on a play where every single one of them ran a 4 yard route. Not only is the reasoning behind calling that play in that situation idiotic, but talk about making it easy for the defense. The players on defense didn't even have to move and they were in prefect position to stop the play. Any OC who has this play in their Arsenal, let alone calls it with 14 yards to go, has no business being in the NFL.

4. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Agreed. And I know what play that was. It was called I formation tight bunch 2 1 2 Spacing and was ran against Arizona. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why that play was called

5. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The same thing was said about Jeff Fisher, just saying

6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I never want to see that Robiskie bum near the team again... Malarkey either for that matter! Two years in a row they blow a golden opportunity. I'm sick of these scrubs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I wouldn't trust Robiskie with the water coolers....

He'd have em filled with Pepsi and call it "revolutionary.."

8. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

100% spot on. Get that worthless piece of chit out of here and never come back. Robiskie totally ruined the entire offensive unit, such a fawking scrub.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

No, “pee” and call it Mountain Dew.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Eagles brought pickle juice one game vs us... Pepsi would be terrible tho. Cramps for everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar